• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New battlenet hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Now its the second time I tries that warcraft freeze at the start of a game.
I think its some kind of a new hack, because look at the screenshots.

Notice that Figther- granted me the control of his units, and hes not even
on my team. Then try look at my resources and my teammates - this is just 5 seconds after the game started.

Have this happended for any of you? - I have never seen this before.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 161

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The control prompt is cause he is sending out the packets to give control even if they do not make sense. WC3 is highly prone to this form of exploit cause the makers obviously had limited idea how internet stuff works.

The crash is a Graphic related crash by the looks of it so it is likly that by hime giving control it changes something being rendered thus crashes.

Fortunatly Starcraft II I think is immune to this (as blizzard bothered to add checks to see if the instructions being tranmitted are valid).

Level 17
That looks mean!
On another note.. why did you build your altar out so far out? Someone could easily get in! O:

Level 27
The control prompt is cause he is sending out the packets to give control even if they do not make sense. WC3 is highly prone to this form of exploit cause the makers obviously had limited idea how internet stuff works.

The crash is a Graphic related crash by the looks of it so it is likly that by hime giving control it changes something being rendered thus crashes.

Fortunatly Starcraft II I think is immune to this (as blizzard bothered to add checks to see if the instructions being tranmitted are valid).

Plus in Starcraft 2 you can still have shared control of a hostile player. God knows why would you need it anyway...

Level 15
It's a relatively old hack. You likely won't encounter it very much unless you play on Kalimdor or high tier player.

As you can see, it's basically an instant win so drophackers are generally top-ranked now-a-days. It's sad that this is what the game has devolved into, but it's been this way for about the past 2 years.

You should check the D3scene forums. They probably have something to do with this. Or atleast one of their members.
D3scene is a bunch of amateurs, get off their jock. You mention them in every single thread you post in.

This hack originated from Russia, if I look around on wc3replays.com for a while I can find the host website, but I'd rather not.

Level 12
Some mean s0n of b***h ain't that?
Juz luv to spoil normal TFT games?
-Seriously, blizzard need to get a super powerful tool to protect wc3 from hax.

--Or did blizzard did this on purpose so that this will force us to buy sc2??
---just a question bro, not an insult, ( I AM NOT SAYING BLIZZARD IS DOING THIS )

Last edited:
Level 27
Some mean s0n of b***h ain't that?
Juz luv to spoil normal TFT games?
-Seriously, blizzard need to get a super powerful tool to protect wc3 from hax.

--Or did blizzard did this on purpose so that this will force us to buy sc2??
---just a question bro, not an insult, ( I AM NOT SAYING BLIZZARD IS DOING THIS )

erm, I don't rember that they would use any Hax in Starcraft 1 when Warcraft 3 was released...

Level 15
Actually, all the victims need to do it make a screenshot... and he'll have to start over (that is if it won't be a Key ban)

I've been in games with it:

1) It doesn't let you screenshot (the game freezes and then crashes right away)
2) There's no replay (even if you do auto-replay, it's still corrupt)
3) The only thing you can do is remember the name, /profile him, see his 1149-0 record, tell Blizzard, and wait a year for them to ban the list they've collected.

And no, this hack does not come from D3Scene. It originated on Kalimdor, that's why Russian ISP are banned from Battle.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.