1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New battlenet hack?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MeKC, Dec 28, 2010.

1. MeKC

MeKC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now its the second time I tries that warcraft freeze at the start of a game.
    I think its some kind of a new hack, because look at the screenshots.

Notice that Figther- granted me the control of his units, and hes not even
    on my team. Then try look at my resources and my teammates - this is just 5 seconds after the game started.

Have this happended for any of you? - I have never seen this before.

Attached Files:

2. Icedrake

Icedrake

Resources:
    Resources:
    This just goes to show that some people have nothing better to do but ruin the games of others.

3. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    This definetly is a new hack.
    I mean obviously they are again exploiting some but and doing something that's immposible to be done and by doing this game crashes. You know, like that time it was some hack giving some non-existing orders to units, making game crash...

4. Pandawarrior

Pandawarrior

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should check the D3scene forums. They probably have something to do with this. Or atleast one of their members.

5. Eldubs

Eldubs

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, so somebody is using my new software : )

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The control prompt is cause he is sending out the packets to give control even if they do not make sense. WC3 is highly prone to this form of exploit cause the makers obviously had limited idea how internet stuff works.

The crash is a Graphic related crash by the looks of it so it is likly that by hime giving control it changes something being rendered thus crashes.

Fortunatly Starcraft II I think is immune to this (as blizzard bothered to add checks to see if the instructions being tranmitted are valid).

7. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    That looks mean!
    On another note.. why did you build your altar out so far out? Someone could easily get in! O:

8. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Plus in Starcraft 2 you can still have shared control of a hostile player. God knows why would you need it anyway...

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can also in Warcraft 3. However the person was given control in a team locked game (can not change alliences outside of control for allies).

10. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a relatively old hack. You likely won't encounter it very much unless you play on Kalimdor or high tier player.

As you can see, it's basically an instant win so drophackers are generally top-ranked now-a-days. It's sad that this is what the game has devolved into, but it's been this way for about the past 2 years.

D3scene is a bunch of amateurs, get off their jock. You mention them in every single thread you post in.

This hack originated from Russia, if I look around on wc3replays.com for a while I can find the host website, but I'd rather not.

11. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually as it seems it really does come from D3scene. Though it's on many other sites as well

12. GIANT_CRAB

GIANT_CRAB

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Some mean s0n of b***h ain't that?
    Juz luv to spoil normal TFT games?
    -Seriously, blizzard need to get a super powerful tool to protect wc3 from hax.

--Or did blizzard did this on purpose so that this will force us to buy sc2??
    ---just a question bro, not an insult, ( I AM NOT SAYING BLIZZARD IS DOING THIS )

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  13. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually, all the victims need to do it make a screenshot... and he'll have to start over (that is if it won't be a Key ban)

14. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    erm, I don't rember that they would use any Hax in Starcraft 1 when Warcraft 3 was released...

15. GIANT_CRAB

GIANT_CRAB

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    oh yea... :ogre_haosis:

16. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've been in games with it:

1) It doesn't let you screenshot (the game freezes and then crashes right away)
    2) There's no replay (even if you do auto-replay, it's still corrupt)
    3) The only thing you can do is remember the name, /profile him, see his 1149-0 record, tell Blizzard, and wait a year for them to ban the list they've collected.

And no, this hack does not come from D3Scene. It originated on Kalimdor, that's why Russian ISP are banned from Battle.net.

17. Ironside

Ironside

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well if that's the case, then I guess not much can be done.

18. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's been the general consensus for a while now. As long as you stay in the low tier (<55%) you'll hardly encounter it.

19. WherewolfTherewolf

WherewolfTherewolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I really don't see how anyone derives amusement from that sort of thing anyway
    I mean ending the game with a single click removes the game factor from the game, thus all you have is a meaningless number.

20. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    On all realms, it plagues the tournaments, and I think if you win enough tournaments you get certain Blizzard prizes.