• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why new site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
sup all, I havn't been to the old site in like 4 months but I am back now and I found out you guys made a new site and booted the other one...why?

I found out that darky couldn't help you? did someone hack the site? WTH Happend! that site was cool, this site is more organize though but the other one looked more professional(not critisizing, just wonder what the heck is going on)

This site is better filed because I can find maps and models info better than the other one, and the texts look strangly better o_O

Anyway im looking through the new site for more answers and yes I looked at the rule thing so Mini doesn't need to give me that "here" link :p

Still, if someone can tell me whats going on, I will be gratefull

Level 13
Well, I wouldnt say the old site "got the boot" but I just like to think that we outgrew it. The community has grown alot since wc3sear.ch and has had to relocate because of this. However, the hive is a MUCH more organized version of wc3sear.ch with alot less bugs in the codes. Ralle has done an awesome job.
If your really curious as to what happend, the server had an overflow. WAY too many uploads and not enough sitespace. In addition to that darky disappeared and couldnt help so ralle stepped in and constructed this site in its place.

Level 5
yeah I looked at it and yeah they did have a bug and yes we did outgrew it. but the problem was this bug I guess and darkey was no whare to be found I presume

Level 4
All i know is on icons alone we overdid our server space... >_< The provider then told one of the administrators about this so the whole site had uploads diabled.. then lots of things we're removed to make space yet there was no hope left for WC3Sear.ch, it was a whale in a puddle. So here we are now to compinsate for our size. I personally liked WC3sear.ch more but the community is stilll alive so i am happy ^_^

Level 36
Yes, It had a different name before the switch to the new domain. If you scroll back in the news archives you can find posts about it there. Quite interesting to see how it all began. But this actual site (using phpbb whathaveyou) began in 2004 :) Of course correct me if i'm wrong here :p

Level 5
The Hive Workshop has been around since 2004 you noob. Shows how ignorant some of these wc3sear people are.

Don't be harsh, all you gota do is prove me wrong with your intell not call me noob lol..... well yes this is a newby thread, but ya dont need to get so pissed off at me.

Anyway, I like this new site, better organized, upgraded from wc3sear.ch, nice and newly fresh, nothing else to love in the virtual world but this site:)

Status
Not open for further replies.