• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New AoS Project! Completely from scratch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello People, I am planning to create a AoS, I just had this Idea, well, the features are not planned yet, but thats the point of this project, all who join can tinker together with me what a AoS it will get.

The Things which are excluded in this tinkering will be:
-A AoS where you select the skills by yourself or design your own hero.
-Mass Item AoS, fully based on the right Item combination (Dota-Style).

THESE THINGS WILL NEVER HAPPEN FOR MY MAP (The Things in red).

Other things:
-The AoS will be made after a story.

Other things are open for tinkering.

People which are searched:

Idea givers!
Terrainer!

Last edited:
Level 9
First of all: have you decided the theme, and the exact visual style and gameplay (all Aeons are not exactly the same take the superior HOSK over Dota, e.g) - then idea time.

Level 21
I guess it will be a bit different than all the other AEONs, I am thinking about 2 Lanes or 4 Lanes,... something like that...

The Theme should be based on sunken ruins, maybe a war between island spirits and the orcs which want to maraude the island? So the side of the orcs would be the ocean and the coasts and the island spirit side would be the inner jungle.

Do you people have msn? pm me if you want to talk about the AoS and give ideas and such, I will put us all then to a conversation.

Got a cool name: Ruins of Arash'ar AoS!

Last edited:
Level 19
redscores i can help u with some. Just send a message on msn. I can try do my best with ideas and making heroes. I mean ideas and stuff. Mybe help a bit with terrain. But its just if u want im currently working on 4 maps or even 5 and helping another 2 guys with 2 aos maps. M aking 2 terrains and such things :)

Level 8
Sorry for the long wait time.. im damn busy these times =/....

I dont have MSN, since its been hacked, and i got viruses from it.

Just PM me here on the hive and tell me a little more about the map, what storyline and then i can help you with ideas =)

Level 15
To be honest, the idea sounds pretty much the same as Twinklecraft. a 4-team aos, where you build your hero from scratch (choosing model, ranged/melee, how much range, abillities, base stats, stats per level, what kind of hero, everything), But, it never became that much, because of its damn inventory system.

Sooo.... do what ya want.

Level 21
What? I said WE WONT DO A THING LIKE THAT, you know what excluding means?

Means that it never will happen in that map... please, read, understand, post.

EDIT: added a BIG writing where it says specific that things in red will never happen in my map (it wont have that dota style, and you wont be able to create your own hero)

Level 5
Well, by looking at the description I would say this is "Just Another AoS Map" with a basic "this side is good, this side is bad" storyline and no unique features. Hopefully you will update the description.

Level 6
I am ready to join! i perform ideas, ideas, and mid-level JASS. lets throw DotA off its throne!

Level 5
Any progress on this one ? Had a chance to try out your "Eternity of Azjol-Nerub" and it was fun, so hopefully this one will be as well ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.