• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New --> Anime Hero Arena Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have some terrain picks to the map I'm working on. This thread provides more details.

Overview
AHAFI1.jpg

The new duel arena
View attachment AHAFI2.bmp

The master of the arena
View attachment AHAFI3.bmp

Part of the hero selection area
AHAFI4.jpg

The Seireitei in the top right corner
View attachment AHAFI5.bmp

Level 25
Well this isn't necessarily good terrain work. It's something I'd expect from the average map makers on BNet. The terrain pretty much sybolizes something either on the mini-map or from a birds-eye-view. I like the tile set-up of the selection area though. :smile:
~Craka_J

Level 34
I totally agree with Craka and raging. I think more doodads would look nice. Some of your areas are really open and boring. Though tile variation looks kind of cool with the green and red.

Level 8
I'm very sorry to say but people aren't always gifted with being an awesome terrainer I know for a fact i couldn't terrain to save my ass. Its a pretty decent map but so many of those maps... and there almost all rigged such as 1337 items just laying around gold cheats so if you plan to make this a non rigged map then good for you.
-Yabooer

Level 25
Never said you need to be a gifted terrainer to make a good Arena map. In fact, terrain isn't a major factor in arena maps, but it'd certainly be a nice addition to keep the map interesting.

Things you can do to improve some areas would be:
  • Make some hills. Maybe replace some cliffs with really steep hills. (Use the raise tool)
  • Decorate your terrain more with environmental things and props.
  • Add terrain fog. (Not weather fog)

Those are just a couple things off from the top of my head. I will try to come up with more advice later on after you update your terrains more.
~Craka_J

Level 2
Made some updates with your general consensus that somethings needed to be added.

New Overview
2AHAFI1.jpg

Remade this area with sunken ruins stuff
View attachment 2AHAFI2.bmp

This is freeza, and two dragonballs, this is also where cell and buu spawn
View attachment 2AHAFI3.bmp

Just playing around with some unused terrain space
View attachment 2AHAFI4.bmp

Yeah so just some stuff i changed/added. I also added more trees to the main arena area and put a few more doodads scattered around. Thanks for the suggestions.

Level 2
Sorry for double posting...

here are a few more pics of parts i didn't put in before.

The garden esque area between the arena and the east base
View attachment AHAFI1.bmp

These two are from the path along the bottom
AHAFI2.jpg
AHAFI3.jpg

This is a the northern most point of the wall of the large arena
View attachment AHAFI6.bmp

Self promotional terrain designed to fill space until something else takes its place.
View attachment AHAFI4.bmp

Level 25
The only doodads that create real lag though in an online game is animated effects such as fire, smoke puffs, etc.
Well it requires large clutters of those effects, but the less you place those kinds of doodads, the better.
~Craka_J

Level 2
At this point the map is looking a lot better, thanks for the suggestions. I probably wont do much more to the terrain just for visual effect. I realize the terrain is hovering somewhere around average, but compared to older AHA's it is spectacular and my goal is to improve every aspect of AHA. I'll put up an beta of the map in early November probably so watch for it.

Heres a few more pictures to show what I've done.

Overview:
AHAFI1.jpg

This is the garden with some flower beds.
AHAFI6.jpg

The next three are empty space decoration:
AHAFI2.jpg

View attachment AHAFI3.bmp

AHAFI4.jpg

Level 25
Hopefully it is both visuality and gameplay. Visuals are a part of gameplay. Though I suppose it does look a bit too complicated for an arena map. None-the-less, I can tell this person is trying to skill up his technique and learn the ways of teh terrainz0r. :)
~Craka_J

Level 1
in my opinion it does not look that good at all...the only thing i can say for you is to make the gameplay awesome to makeup for this travestic terrain

Level 34
Arenas are not supposed to have good terrain. I would prefer to see his terrain than a "good" one. Over crowded terrain ruins the feel of an arena. They should be simple to look at.

Level 2
Heres some terrain from other AHA to compare with mine. Like I said my goal was to improve every aspect of the map, and i think its an improvement. What do you think?

AHA Fi (my map)
View attachment 14785

AHA 11.00 (used this terrain as a template for my own)
AHA11.jpg

AHA 17
AHA17.jpg

AHA os
AHAos.jpg

AHA ultimate (I think)
AHAsomething.jpg

Level 34
I like the older one more. Sorry. The colors of yours are ugly IMO.

Your up close may be better. I remember it was good in sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.