• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

[Spell] Neutral Hostile units don't respond to dummycasters damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi,

So, for instance, I have a spell that will summon 3 dummycasters and shoot out what's basically carrion swarm(which uses point targeting). However, and I have found this to happen with most dummycaster abilities, if used on neutral hostile units the damage will affect them but they will not treat it as if they had been attacked (I'm guessing because the dummy units have the "Locust" ability). How would this be remedied? My map has basically no PvP so if the computer player units do not respond to being attacked it could be very easily exploitable.

Thanks.

Level 5
  • Unit - Cause caster to damage target, dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
I'm not sure this would make the target attack the caster even if he's in range.

Concerning your question, you can edit your actual spell trigger to force damaged units to attack the original source after damage being done.
One could register the damaged units in a unit group, loop over them after the spell trigger effects and if the caster is in range, order them to attack him.

Level 6
I'm guessing because the dummy units have the "Locust" ability
Yes, it happens becouse they cannot attack what's attaking them.
When a Paladin with activated DS attack creeps, they will not agro at other Paladins units.
  • Unit - Cause caster to damage target, dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
I'm not sure this would make the target attack the caster even if he's in range.
It must work.
Other solution would be changing your dummy spell to deal some minimal damage. But the latter is not recommended.

Level 9
Other solution would be changing your dummy spell to deal some minimal damage. But the latter is not recommended.
This method is actually what I ended up doing, since the dummy ability is based off carrion swarm and I cannot pick specific units using it.

Order the unit to attack move to it's location, if it is not already doing an aggressive order (Move or stop or hold position), when hit
Would this method involve the "Pick every unit" action?

Also, this is low priority since I do have a fix, it is just a cheap one (what Deserted recommended). Thanks for the help too, +rep to everyone who responded

Status
Not open for further replies.