• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neutral Hostile Extreme v6.32

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
200269-albums4160-picture39619.jpg

Map Description:

This map is an open RPG map where you purchase your spells so you can make a unique hero every time you play.
There are four enemy AI heros that roam the map and grow stronger as the game progresses.
Several mini bosses that you must defeat before you reach your ultimate goal of defeating the powerful Wendigo end boss and claim your prize.

Map Features:

+New difficulty settings that effect starting gold, Exp. gain for enemy AI heros and creep spawns.
+Your hero can have a total of 7 different spells
+50 different spells to choose from
+Most spells go up to level 10 (your heros spell icon will tell you when you reach max level)
+nine different shops for purchasing weapons, potions, scrolls, spells and more.
+Recipe books can be purchased for combing items with the item combining ability.
+Custom heros with starting attributes and attribute gained per lvl included in description.
+The map has 4 enemy Ai heros that will gain level along with you so they grow stronger along with your hero for some challenging game play.
+Custom items some rare and very powerful.
+Custom creeps that are replaced by more powerful creeps as the game progresses.
+Several custom mini bosses with custom spells and triggers.
+New item stack/unstack system

Authors notes:

There's no quest to complete on this map, no puzzle's to solve it's pretty much just a battle against you, the AI heros and the creeps.
If you like playing a mini open rpg without quests, an easy revive system
and many spells to use (you can have up to seven) then I hope you'll enjoy my little map.)

200269-albums4177-picture39487.jpeg

200269-albums4177-picture39485.jpeg

200269-albums4177-picture39488.jpeg

200269-albums4177-picture39591.jpeg

200269-albums4177-picture39594.jpeg

200269-albums4177-picture39593.jpeg

200269-albums4177-picture39592.jpeg

Version 6.13

-Improved some of the enemy units with more hit points and attack.
-Increased the skip level requirement on rain of chaos (archimonde) to reduce running for your life.
-Added the combine items ability which lets you combine items to make weapons and potions.
-Added more spells for a total of 45.

Version 6.15

-Added Difficulty settings which effect enemy AI exp. gain, Starting gold and creep spawns.

Version 6.16

-Added stats to each hero description including starting attributes and attribute gained per level.
-Increased the duration on enemy AI hero respawn time.
-Added gamplay information
-Added objective information
-Reduced the cooldown on buying abilities from 30 seconds to 1 second.
-Reduced the cooldown on most potions and weapons for a better multiplayer game.
-Limited the custom heros to one per player (thanks spy for the info)

Version 6.17

-Added Map preview

Version 6.18

-Added spell descriptions in shops
-Changed the prices on some spells
-Lowered the damage on Storm Bolt slightly

Version 6.19

-Added new revive system
-Fixed some spell descriptions
-Increased the amount of item drops
-Increased difficulty on normal and hard by increasing rate of low level creep replacement.

Version 6.20

-Added a new Kodo Beast hero
-Added 4 new custom spells
-Added a new custom spell shop
-Fixed some ability tooltips to read correctly

Version 6.21

-Added system to prevent hero from using an ability item once you reach max level
-Reduced maximum revive time to 45 seconds
-Changed brillance aura from a percentage to a point gain (was too powerful)
-Increased Phoenix spell to three levels now summons up to 3 phoenix
-Removed the ability doom
-Added the ability Raise Dead
-Summon Water Elemental now summons a more powerful elemental at lvl 5 instead of two lvl 4 elementals.
-Added some terrain elements to the boss area

Version 6.22

-Archimonde's Finger of Death ability was increased to 5 levels with the same damage at level 5 as it had previously at level 3.
-Dark Portal spell was also increased to 6 levels that only summons one unit now at level one and not two. Also increased the skip level requirement.
-Lowered damage on Finger of Pain (Neutral Hostile) used by the Warlock.
-Lowered stun duration of Firebolt (Neutral Hostile) from 2 seconds to 1 second for a hero and increased cooldown slightly.
-Fixed tooltip discrepancies including all Skeletal Orcs, Rain of Chaos, Naga Warqueen and Elven Mage.
-Changed the gold description.
-Again did some balancing to the creep spawn triggers to make the map easier on the easy difficulty level.

Version 6.23

-Added a item stack/unstack system
-Added item tome of retraining
-Added some custom icons
-Fixed the item combine ability so it wouldn't be removed if you try to increase lvl.
-Replaced Rabid wolf and Raging wolf ability bloodlust with Frenzy
-Replaced Orc Skeletal Destroyer and Orc King ability raise dead with a more powerful version that also raises Skeleton Mages

Version 6.24

-Added two new hero models
-fixed some disable icons

Version 6.25

-Added two new pheonix units to the ability pheonix so it would summon stronger units instead of multiple summoned units of the same type.
-Added four more infernals so the rain of chaos ability would summon a varity of infernals instead of multiples of the same unit.
-Added new tavern with two new custom heroes
-Adjusted the prices on reign of chaos and pheonix
-Added a new custom creep to the creep respawn table
-Added victory condition to the map

Version 6.26

-Fixed a bug where the new tavern heroes were not reviving

Version 6.27

-Fixed the tooltips on the Rain of Chaos ability to read the Infernals damage correctly
-Fixed a bug that was selecting the revived Hero for every player.
-Added the ablilty Ball Lightning
-Added the ability Hammer of Thor

Version 6.28

-Fixed the Phoenix ability to show the egg model for levels 2 & 3

Version 6.29

-Fixed the phoenix tooltip to read correctly
-Added three new heroes
-Added ability Death Aura
-Added ability Frost Nova (not the default melee ability)
-Replaced the cooldowns of all health stones/gems to separate from potions
-Lowered the price on some health and mana potions

Version 6.30

-Fixed many trigger leaks

Version 6.31

-Added model CallerofFire
-Added potion icon for healing elixer
-Fixed Gargolye Mutant's Mana in stone form
-Removed tome of retraining
-Fixed shop sounds

Version 6.32

-Changed some ability hotkeys
-Changed the tooltips on all abilities to show the hotkey

Original Terrain was created by: Blizzard Entertainment
Terrain Edited by: ironman47

Modeling - Hero glow added by: Slayer14

Spell/projectile models created by sPy: Green Missile, Shockwave and Lava Bomb

Custom icons by: ikeike, 67chrome, PeeKay, 4eNNightmare, CRAZYRUSSIAN
New Holy Nova icon by: Blizzard Entertainment

Item stack/unstack system created by: DangerB0y

Spells

Lightning Strike created by: Paladon
Hammer of Thor created by: Maker
Ball Lightning created by: MorTar
Frost Nova created by: calex

Custom unit models

Bear Warrior: By JokeMaster
UndeadBloodElf: By ironmaiden
Fel Vindicator_version 2: By Ampharos_222
Fradz: By Kitabatake
Naga Warqueen: by unknown (if you know who made this model please PM me)
Malygos the spellweaver created by: Sellinisko
Marrowmancer created by: Ampharos_222
AzureDragonJundicator created by: General Frank
DragonCallerofFire created by: General Frank

Keywords:
RPG, ironman47, Adventure, role playing game, four player,Boss,difficulty settings,
Contents

Neutral Hostile Extreme v6.32 (Map)

Reviews
09:01, 28th Aug 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected 16:20, 28th Jan 2011 Cweener: Rejected (until updated) Check out midnighter's review. Fix one of the things mentioned and this could pass. 2.5/5 from me.
Level 7
but it not summon it lol.it summons the normal infernal.
edit1:pls do a system call -repick and also let people can change the skill.

Last edited:
Level 12
Ok, I just recently updated the map to version 6.19 with the following changes:

-Added new revive system
-Fixed some spell descriptions
-Increased the amount of item drops
-Increased difficulty on normal and hard by increasing rate of low level creep replacement.

increased amount of item drops? oh god, ground was flooding with items already! I hope that revive system does reduce the second penalty. And a bug which I forgot to tell you: if you buy the item combine spell second time, it does turn to another spell, I guess it was cripple.

Level 8
Neutral Hostile Extreme V6.26

Fixed the revive triggers to work with the new heroes
Also fixed the summoning ability pheonix and Rain of Chaos.

Rain of Chaos know summons these five different infernals depending on the spell Level >
200269-albums4160-picture40901.jpg

Reviewed by Midnighters
Triggers/Scripts
  • OverLord Dies
    • Events
      • Unit - Wendigo OverLord 0195 <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Item - Create Ancient Bear Claw at (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Item - Create Medallion of Health at (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Unit - Create 4 Infernal Boss for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Boss Entrance <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Add all units of (Last created unit group) to EndGroup
      • Unit - Create 4 Doom Guard Lord for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Boss Entrance <gen>) facing 0.00 degrees
      • Unit Group - Add all units of (Last created unit group) to EndGroup
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Congratulations You...
      • Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: For final Victory d...
      • Trigger - Turn on Victory <gen>
The above trigger, and many others as well need worked on. This trigger has a location leak, as well do others within your map.

I advise researching some leak tutorials here on hive.
Spells
I cannot really rate the spell because a large percentage of them are not made by you, but are imported.

Although, with your item combination triggers, you need to set the items as variables and such, that way that you can help reduce the length of triggers. And the possibility of leaks.
Terrain
The terrain is quite flat, I see nothing in this map that makes the terrain stick out. The trees are spammed in the green spots and the ground does not have anywhere near a realistic effect.

Within the city, the buildings are placed in odd places, such as in the water, or on a ledge you couldn't possibly get to.

Also, the units "creeps" are spread thin in some places, then there are loads in others.
Final Judgment
Overall, I give the map a rating of 2.0, Vote for Rejection

Level 10
Leaks don't really affect the gameplay (unless you have a seriously slow computer), the city was by Blizzard, and 2/5 is awfully harsh without even mentioning anything at all about the gameplay.

Myself, I'm not too much for map reviewers who don't tell anything about the gameplay.

I don't need to tell anything about the gameplay. The map itself tells how it will do. The map is rejected until updated. So it's done. As well, leaks do affect the gameplay, it causes lag, and causes the game to delay. Even some of the best computers I have seen lag because of leaks. You have to also compensate for those of us too poor to afford a new computer.

Level 10
Really? How does the terrain tell anything about how the game will play out? You could have a nearly blank map that has a lot of cool abilities, units, Heroes, triggers, and items and would still be cool. You just wouldn't have anything to look at. That's all terrain and doodads are, something to look at and something to take up space.

It really is terrible when people judge the map by it's terrain, it really is. Didn't even give it a chance. What if the creator worked for days, weeks, maybe even months on this? You're just going to discard it like a bag of old clothes? Hmm...

Oh, and I have a computer that was made in 2005 and it plays this map just fine.

I did not make all those assumptions just by the terrain, I looked over the entire map, as did the moderator I contacted. If you have an issue with my review, keep it to yourself. Because the hive resources do not accept low quality maps that could potentially cause problems. Also, a map with mo terrain will not hold someones attention, the terrain is not simply "something to look at and something to take up space"

This map has many things that still need to be worked on. The moderator agrees with me.

Level 6
Yes, it is just rejected until updated.
You can check right under the description to see my moderation.

And as for reviewers. Don't worry. Just because I used somebody's review as the official review doesn't mean I didn't check it myself.

I physically go through every map myself.
But certain reviewers that I trust, such as midnighters, have the same critiques as me. So I don't need to make a whole seperate post if he can tell you what I would've said anyways.

He just makes a moderator's job shorter and easier.

Don't hate on him. Hate on me.

Level 7
im always play this map with my school friend and the game was actually good.Just the spawn creep place are not good.sometime it can spawn the boss and give us hard to farm.

Level 8
This trigger has a location leak, as well do others within your map.
I advise researching some leak tutorials here on hive.

I have read some leak tutorials including a very good tutorial called Essentials Tutorial by Deuterium
Most of the triggers were made years ago when I first made this map and
I just haven't gotten around to fixing the region leaks yet.

I cannot really rate the spell because a large percentage of them are not made by you, but are imported..

There are currently 57 spells in this map, 4 are imported. I wouldn't call that a large percentage.

Although, with your item combination triggers, you need to set the items as variables and such, that way that you can help reduce the length of triggers. And the possibility of leaks

I could set each item in a item array variable, but what good would this do? I don't believe the action (create item) causes memory leaks. I do wish I would have put all the item combine triggers into a single trigger for better efficiency.

The terrain is quite flat, I see nothing in this map that makes the terrain stick out. The trees are spammed in the green spots and the ground does not have anywhere near a realistic effect
Within the city, the buildings are placed in odd places, such as in the water, or on a ledge you couldn't possibly get to..

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. I'm not laughing at you its just that Blizzard made the terrain on this map except that I increased the size. So the outer map was made by me. In mho Blizzard terrainers did a great job in the city area, your not suppose to be able to get to some buildings. They're just scenery. And yes the trees in the lower left corner are spammed, but for a reason. The sasquatch's that dominate that area have an ability you may have heard of called force of nature which targets trees to summon treants.

Also, the units "creeps" are spread thin in some places, then there are loads in others.

Yes, you are right about this. I'm sure you've played Diablo II. I would'nt dare compare my modest map to D2 but that was Blizz's style also in what my son and I refer to as "the greatest RPG of all time". :)

I usually +rep for a review, but I find this review lacking in many respects and inaccurate at times. With no useful information that might make me a better mapmaker. There is no indication in your review that you even played the map. My guess is you just opened it in the editor and made your evaluation from there. Thats just poor map reviewing.

But you did mention the leaky triggers. I knew a map mod would have gotten around to it sooner or later. You did get they're attention. And I thank you.

Now maybe I can finally get this map approved.

Cokemonkey11

Spell Reviewer
Level 29
ironman, i've dealt with hive map reviewers and publishers countless times. Your best bet is to just do what they ask, and be happy they at least gave you something to improve on.

I've received reviews where they just say "terran is too plain, map is not high enough quality. Declined." without even testing the map in game.

If you need help fixing leaks or something I'd be happy to help you.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
ironman47, I never know that the map was unprotected! You should mention about it :)
Okay, I have checked some triggers, here's some things that you should do:

Trigger

- Replace any trigger that has Dying Unit, Entering Unit, Casting Unit, Learning Hero, Leaving Unit, Leveling Hero, Ordered Unit, Reviving Hero to Triggering Unit, this way the game would be a lot efficient. (I'm not sure about the others, but I'm certain of these ones)

- Add an action (Custom script) call DestroyTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger()) at the bottom-est part of any triggers that only execute once.

- (Random point in (Playable Map Area)) leaks, fix it.

Level 29
Ive never played this map for a long time, I didnt know that this was rejected...I guess Im gonna
play it again for a small review...

EDIT COZ OF REVIEW:

Ok, here’s my little review…

- The market STILL doesn’t have items
- You should fix the hotkeys for the spells coz I bought War Stomp & Storm Bolt and it wasted my mana coz of the bloody “t” hotkey
- You have so many health and mana potions, remove the rest coz there’s already a fountain of health and mana
- Seems like the other units of Player 6 & 8 particularly the summoned units doesn’t ‘wander’ around like the hero AI, they should be guarding their hero, you should fix this
- Fix the tooltips, example one of them written “Summon 2 spirit beast to fight Akama’s enemies”, dude Akama is not in the game!
- Separate the ultimate & non-ultimate abilities, don’t mix them
- In my opinion, Holy Light spell is useless here since there is fountain of health that can heal you for free, also other spells are useless
- The Lich & Crypt lord is too weak
- Make custom items as well

Overall, the map still is playable and OK but I thought there are a lot of improvements since I last played this, but I made a mistake…sorry dude, gonna rate it 2/5

Last edited:
Level 8
Mckill2009's Review

-The market doesn't sell items until an item drops. You would know this if you've played melee maps.

-hot keys, there's 57 spells currently and 26 useable hotkeys, some are gonna have to share the same key.

-Health and mana potions. Healing on the go mun. You can't drag a healing fountain around with ya. (I may reduce the amount of potions though)

-Its true the summoned units of the AI don't wander. I will fix this.

-Tooltip Summon Spiritbeast, I'll fix.

-Ultimates/non Ultimates. What ultimates? This map doesn't use ultimates. whats wrong with having seven strong abilities? The better spells are more expensive.

-Holy Light is useless? Oh boy. You ever kill an undead with it. You can, and you can heal your ally.

-Lich and Crypt to weak? They may be. But if you play at a higher difficulty they're definitly tougher. I have been thinking about making Lich stronger.

-Custom items. I'm getting to it.

I just spent most of the day yesterday fixing leaks.
Some of these issues will be fixed in the coming patches.

Most of your comments are just opinions. And I already know you can't please everyone.

This map will continue to be updated as you can see from the changelog I've been working on it.

I plan on adding more custom heroes, more custom spells and some custom items. And maybe changing some of the creep models.

It takes time to make a good map and some will never be happy with one thing or another. :D

Level 8
I've played that map. Your limited by spell types as to what you can select. I think there's four spell types so you can have four spell one of each type and only need four hotkeys. Such limitations sometimes SUCK. But it does solve the problem.

Hey Cweener I don't wanna get personal but would you go to this forum Story behind the name and tell us your story :)

Level 29
so if I have Warstomp & Storm bolt ability & accidentally press 't' then my mana is wasted?...

its true that you cant drag the fountain but when I played this, I didnt buy ANY potions
and rely on fountains to charge...I did not say remove ALL but just reduce the potions...

Holy Light is useless, I bought storm bolt ability to hurt the undead with stun!...and heal the ally?, I think healing wave is better...

The Crypt Lord cant even get pass the level 14 furbolg, therefore he cant leave his base...

Level 10
Holy Light is useless, I bought storm bolt ability to hurt the undead with stun!...and heal the ally?, I think healing wave is better...

Holy Light isn't useless. Healing Wave might heal more units, but it costs more mana and doesn't heal as many hit points. It also has two functions, healing friendlies and damaging the Undead. Two different uses on one spell. Healing Wave only heals up and your allies. You only have 7 spell slots you know.

Level 29
sorry I did not mean to offend the maker of this map, that is my opinion and suggestion,
you can either take it or ignore it, in my opinion Holy Light & 'ALIKE' is useless coz of the reason that I stated above, when I played this I choose not to buy holy light coz there's a fountain of health and will heal you for 'FREE', & I did save gold to buy more powerful stuffs like phoenix & infernal instead of upgrading Holy Light spells, furthermore, you cant heal ally if you dont have ally meaning, you play Single player...anyway that is my opinion and sorry again...

Level 8
so if I have Warstomp & Storm bolt ability & accidentally press 't' then my mana is wasted?...
You have a valid complaint here, since you really don't know what hotkey the spell uses until after you buy it. So what I'm going to do is put the hotkey on the ability item so you'll know before you purchase it what hotkey it uses.

mckill2009 said:
I did not say remove ALL but just reduce the potions...
ironman47 said:
(I may reduce the amount of potions though)

mckill2009 said:
Ah...Blizzard didn't seem to think Holy Light was useless :D

mckill2009 said:
The Crypt Lord cant even get pass the level 14 furbolg, therefore he cant leave his base...
This is a random occurence that can happen because of the creep respawn triggers which have a chance depending on the difficulty to replace a creep with a high level creep. I'll see what I can do about this problem. Maybe a mid level creep spawn that would be active before the high level spawn. That would also prevent player heroes running into high level creeps early on in the game.

mckill2009 said:
sorry I did not mean to offend the maker of this map, that is my opinion and suggestion
Hey mckill you didn't offend me. I value your comments and suggestions! You've pointed out a couple areas that need improvement and I appreciate that. Thank you.

Level 10
Hmm, an understandable point, if you're playing it Single Player it would be almost useless, other than the fact that you can attack Undead enemies with it. You know, it does only cost 65 mana, where as Storm Bolt costs 75, although Storm Bolt stuns your enemies. In my opinion, the spells seem pretty balanced to me, but of course, they're Blizzard's abilities and Blizzard has patched this game many, many, many, many times. They're on like version 1.24f, should be fixed by now!

Level 10
I was thinking of that, but then I thought, it might be a little unbalanced to have a healing spell that you can target yourself with and has the potential to heal a lot of hit points and it's instant. Holy Light can get really powerful at higher levels.

I still think this is a very reasonable point:

It also has two functions, healing friendlies and damaging the Undead.

Last edited:
Level 8
Instead of arguing so hard, why don't you just make the holy light can be used to heal "self"?
Who's arguing? It's different opinion and different view points. A debate. My god what would we be like if we all had the same opinion or view point and we agreed with each other all the time. I'd THROWUP!

I think both slayer and mckill have good points about the pros and cons of the Holy Light spell. I think its just comes down to personal preference.

The Holy Light spell on this map heals an ally for a whopping 2000 hit points and damages an undead unit for half that at level 10.
Compare that to Healing Wave which heals for 825 hit points at level 10 and jumps up tp 12 times. Which is unsurpassed for healing a group of unit and you can use it to heal yourself.

Its worth noting too you could use Holy Light to heal your summoned units. Which would do some major healing for a single unit. But there again nothing outshines Healing Wave for a large group.

What do you want out of your Healing Spell? :)