• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nelf goldmine and AI help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have a few problems I am trying to figure out some help would be great.
First off I cant find where the entangled goldmine is I can find it to edit in object editor but I cant place once.
2nd i have 4 players on my map 2 user and 2 computer but when i test my map only player 1 (myself) and 1 computer (player 2) are active when I go into TFT and pick the map and set it to the correct races it fixes my goldmine problem and players 3,4 have computer (normal) above them which is what I want but they don't do anything their base is already made -any air units
I need to know how to get the NPCs to build an army and to have the correct races locked when I start the map only allowing for 2 players to join the map
I also have some trigger problems but I'll do that at another date
any info would be a great help to me thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
2nd i have 4 players on my map 2 user and 2 computer but when i test my map only player 1 (myself) and 1 computer (player 2) are active when I go into TFT and pick the map and set it to the correct races it fixes my goldmine problem and players 3,4 have computer (normal) above them which is what I want but they don't do anything their base is already made -any air units
I need to know how to get the NPCs to build an army and to have the correct races locked when I start the map only allowing for 2 players to join the map
Something like enable fixed start position in force properties and make sure that the AI are declared as "Computer" since AI can only run for players who are computer controlled (you cannot run AI for a neutral or empty player as an example).

First off I cant find where the entangled goldmine is I can find it to edit in object editor but I cant place once.
That is because they are special modifications made to a goldmine in response to an ability. You cannot pre-place one as there is no way to define its owner (which tree made it).

Level 25
Go to the object editor, select the entangled gold mine and go to Editor - Placeable in editor and set it to true.
Now you can place it in the editor.

Same thing for locusts (undead).

Level 1
Thanks for the info I was missing one of the fixed start locations or something like that because it fixed both my problems

Status
Not open for further replies.