• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neighbourhood Wars! Looking for suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi dudes :thumbs_up:

I am currently working on a map called Neighbourhood Wars, which is a 12 player battle for dominance. You play a resident in a small neighbourhood with the pressing desire to wipe out all your loathsome neighbours who have made your life a living hell.

OBJECTIVES: The aim of the game is simple, to force all of your neighbours out of the neighbourhood, and be the last one alive, so you may at last enjoy some well earned peace and quiet. To do this you need to grind them down gradually by inducing different feelings in them, which include shame, stress, fear, happiness and envy. When one of these emotions runs too high or too low in a player they will, how to say this, die :ugly: via methods of suicide or something I guess.

The basic way of doing this is extremely varied, and nearly every action you take in the game will have an effect on at least one of someone's emotions. However, herein lies the loophole, as I am in need of lots of good original ideas for these activities. Here are a few examples of features included in the map so far, and how they affect the game and players' emotions:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail system: I have included a post office and mailbox system so players can annonomously post things to each other. So far they can send death threats, to raise the recipients fear level, I would quite like a couple of other suggestions for mail suggestions.

Pets: Owning pets can provide protection for certain statistics. For example, owning a dog will prevent a player's happiness level falling below a certain value, whereas owning a grizzly bear will prevent their fear level reaching dangerous heights. If another player kills your pet however, the stat it was protecting will take an extra blow.

Robbery: Players' houses contain personal safes which their income is sent directly to, and which they must withdraw from in order to carry money with them and so spend it. Other players will therefore be able to break into their neighbours' homes and steal from their safe. Their are also multiple security systems available for players to install to prevent things like that happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other ideas I have thought of so far but have yet to incorporate into the map include:

Criminal Hire: Players will be able to hire various different criminal agents to carry out different tasks on a selected player. For example, a thug will be available for hire to position outside another player's house and give them a beating the next time they return. A Stalker will be available to follow a selected player and slowly raise their fear level over time for as long as the contract is valid, etc.

Gardening: Players will be able to improve the appearance of their gardens with the addition of expensive plants and so on, to make their closest neighbours envy levels rise.

I have more ideas than those that I have listed here, but frankly I can't be arsed to write them all out :eekani:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what I'm looking for now is some suggestions off you guys as to different features I can include and how you think they should affect things. :thumbs_up:

Looking forward to hearing what you think :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.