• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Need your vote... :)

What should i do first?

• Warcraft: The Rampaging Seas - Honor of the Sail

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Pandaren B.S.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So right now i have many campaign ideas and i have 2 campaign that probably will be done first :

1. Warcraft: The Rampaging Seas - Honor of the Sail
This campaign tells about a great voyage of the Bloodsail Pirates where you can fell the pirate touch here.

2. Pandaren B.S. (Before Sundering)
This campaign tells about the history of the pandaren before the Great Sundering of the world. Lead Shaohao and his brethren to fight the evil within Pandaria.

i'll make a vote. Note that if TRS-HotS win, i'll make Warcraft: The Rampaging Seas - Avarice of the Company after that. That campaign is about the great adventure of Venture Co. where you can feel the realistic economic challenges.
You can check the link in my signature for the TRS-HotS thread. There is no Pandaren B.S. thread right now

-Templassassin :ogre_haosis:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I don't understand why so many people prefer pirates campaign. Of course, it sounds interesting and there are sure some possibilities to make sth. completely new, but I myself would prefer Pandaren.

Imagine a beautiful landscape, traditional Asian-looking, flutes in the background, ancient temples and mysterious halls.

I really don't get why many of you want to have blood, spray and bad weather, as I imagine in a pirates campaign...

Because it doesn't add the awesome stuff chinese are known for. Things like ... (repeater) crossbows, flamethrowers, gunpowder, armors, compass, ships and many more ... after all, even he confessed that Pandaren campaign would be BS.

On the other hand, we know that in Pirates theme he will keep all the things pirates are known for. Possibly he'd be forced to do alternative ship to ship and sailing systems to make the naval battles less boring than ordinary warcraft ships, which are even weaker than ordinary units.

Level 7
I don't understand why so many people prefer pirates campaign. Of course, it sounds interesting and there are sure some possibilities to make sth. completely new, but I myself would prefer Pandaren.

Imagine a beautiful landscape, traditional Asian-looking, flutes in the background, ancient temples and mysterious halls.

I really don't get why many of you want to have blood, spray and bad weather, as I imagine in a pirates campaign...

you have peaceful trait i see :ogre_hurrhurr:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This is exactly why MoP is hated.

Asian style stuff don't suit the Warcraft enviroment, it's that simple.

I did not play MoP so I cannot argue that way.
Well, I don't agree with that Asian style does not fit Warcraft ( again, didn't played MoP so I cannot really say), but I could imagine an Asian looking map in Wc3, but it would be really difficult to get it on the same style.
I would like to play a map that is 'beautiful landscape, traditional Asian-looking, flutes in the background, ancient temples and mysterious halls'.

Because it doesn't add the awesome stuff chinese are known for. Things like ... (repeater) crossbows, flamethrowers, gunpowder, armors, compass, ships and many more ... after all, even he confessed that Pandaren campaign would be BS.

On the other hand, we know that in Pirates theme he will keep all the things pirates are known for. Possibly he'd be forced to do alternative ship to ship and sailing systems to make the naval battles less boring than ordinary warcraft ships, which are even weaker than ordinary units.

Hm, I see what is your argument. It is probably better to make a campaign with fully new content and systems instead of re-creating MoP.

This.It just doesnt look warcraft-ish

Depends on individual perspective, I guess, in some way I agree with you. I myself could imagine an Asian style map, but it would be a lot of work to customize the whole content into Asian style or to get consistent looking.

you have peaceful trait i see :ogre_hurrhurr:

Seems like :pcon:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

if the Pandaren campaign will be, it's very difficult to terrain such as land of Pandaria. i need an adept terrainer to begin with.

Yes, that's the point. Due to the fact it 'already exists', it would be compared to MoP and therefore it would be great work and lot of time required to re-create it for wc3 in any way.
BUT, it would be a map I would love to play, I think. As I said: 'beautiful landscape, traditional Asian-looking, flutes in the background, ancient temples and mysterious halls.'.
That is gameplay I would appreciate.
But nonetheless I am really curious for the pirates campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.