• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need to know if it is possible to change an item's name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need to know how to change an item's name(if it is possible) because I am making a random item generator, but if i can't change the name of the item, it will not work.

Level 7
In-game? No. In WE yes, but I've never heard about anyone doing that in-game.

Not to offend, but why do people think that JASS is black magic? Just because a thing ain't possible in GUI, it don't have to be possible in Jass.

Blade

Level 6
...because Jass makes dreams come true...
*rays of light* *butterflys fly across*

as far as im concerned, the only thing you could really do was replace the unit/item with another unit/item with the same stats, just different names

Level 1
okay thanks, but if any of you find anything with Jass, or anything else, please tell me. Because I'm sure there are other people that would want randomly generated items.

thanks again! :)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
as far as im concerned, the only thing you could really do was replace the unit/item with another unit/item with the same stats, just different names

You read my mind o_O.
In fact the question has been asked before, but no, there's no current JASS that can change names. Anyway replacing works much better, if you know how to store the information of the unit that is going to be replaced.

-Rui

Level 1
Okay, sorry for posting a question some1 else has already posted, but replacing the item isnt going to work for what I want to do. Thanks anyway though everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.