• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need To Extract Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, I am creating a battlefield style map, but I would like some better firing sounds than the marine, or better explosions. (Like what undead assault makers did)
Can anyone help me with extracting sounds from a game?

Level 6
Rules];406395 said:
The direct exporting of resources from games other than Warcraft III is prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, World of Warcraft®. No such resources may be submitted to THW. Forum discussions pertaining to the export or editing of resources from other games will be closed.

I think that applies to sound exports as well

Level 2
Aaah sorry about that. Didn't mean to cause any trouble. I meant to ask what Kaitech was telling me, a site for gun shots and stuff like that.

Level 36
It does. Extracting sounds from a game is actually against the law, because that's their copyright, but most people don't listen. All of the Quake sounds, Pure Pwnage sounds etc, are copyrighted and can't be reproduced or used by anyone else other than the copyright holder without their expressed permission.

Unless the Quake sounds have been released by their developers for free on the internet, which is a possibility, considering their popularity.

But that's still what you look for. Free-to-use sounds on the internet will keep you in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.