• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need team for "new" map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

We still need a good terrainer and a GUI-master!

OK, this is prbly the place i've bin looking for... Hope someone can help me with this...

The map is similar to DotA, you have to fight 3teams instead of one, it's HUvsOCvsUDvsNE, for now it's 2 in each team and one AI to control creeps, but i'll make it 3 in each team later on...

The unit-spawning-systems-whatever are made in a way that makes the map autobalanced so that there's no way for creeps to push away on their own without a hero, wich makes it alot more fun beacuse you'll have like 3lanes of creeps and 3heroes to push on your base instead of just creeps wich would have been waaay to easy!

The things that has to be done:
*some more work on the triggering system to make the units go where ever they've supposed to go (wich so far, has taken me a few 100 hours more than i thought it would take). - This will i take care of, untill someone who's better than me can take my place... (like for making it leakfree and so)

*Terrain - i've got an outland based map, with lanes going as a square with an X in the middle. The idea is to make place to creep, some trees and such at the sides of the lanes, and so on...

*Heroes! - I haven't started on this at all, i've placed the original heroes for each team in each "base". Each team should have own heroes, just made for the team.

*Time - This is were my project ended, with school and such i only get like 3-4hours a day to work... (might sound like much but i need more than the double)

*Name - QFFFA stands for Quad Fight Free For All, and it's not a great match with the map anymore...

If you're interrested, plz let me know. And of course we'll put your name somewere in the map to give you cred :thumbs_up:

*post here!
*Steam: fille3002
*MSN/mail: [email protected]
*X-Fire: fille3002
*wc3:ft EU: fille3002

Team so far:
Me - alot of will, ideas and skills, but not enough time
Tot - basic GUI and plenty of spare time
Pszczolek - GUI/JASS spellmaker - avg time
bloodlust - free time
Quetzalcotl - ideas for heroes and completing them.

Last edited:
Level 3
Looks like no-one's interested... If you'd like to join later on, contact me! Too sad that not even one person have looked at this thread exept me (right now). I really thought I could get a team from here but well well...

Level 6
Hmm, the idea for 4 teams AoS looks quite interresting :thumbs_up:

However, I don't know If I would have enough time, since I'm working on my own map (and one project currently paused). I will think about this, maybe I will not join yet, but after I've done most important things about my project.

If I join, I could do triggers and JASS coding (mostly spells are what I like to do), also object editor work (heroes, items etc.). What I definately wouldn't like to do is terraining :xxd:

Level 3
you're in, but i don't know where to place you in the team. any idea? contact me on msn or xfire, i don't think i'll be online at any other chat...

Level 3
quetzalcotl, you're in as a heromaker (ideas for heroes). Right now i don't know if we have room for you to work on but i'll make things work :D
Right now we need a JASS/GUI GOD and a terrainer, note that the terrains are huge but not a part that will be continued with. after the main terrain is done we won't need so much help anymore.

Level 3
well, if you have alot of ideas and some balancing skills you're in. But you won't be able to take part in making the map i think, due to tight scheadule. pm me your email and you're on the site 2

Level 3
i think i've got the site done now. The links and backgrounds are working! Btw, how come all entered the team after i like said that no-one wanted to join? well well, i've got a nice team now!

Btw: what do you think about the site?

Level 3
hell yeah! I made a quick template in about 2hours to make the background and the navbar at the left work. Now i'm only copying the site and write other text and add links :D
I'll fix it later on, that's for sure! Altho i'm leaving town this weekend and i'm back on monday. Keep the work going and keep sending those PM's!

Level 3
The site's now somewhat ok. I've fixed about 20 broken links and that's how it'll be for this week, i'll update it again later with more graphics and more info :D
I'm going north to the edge of sweden tomorrow so i'm unable to update until monday. Keep the pm coming! And for gods sake: give feedback by mail about the site!

Level 3
The site's now almost done. I spent about 1,5hours trying to find a bug on the "contact.htm". The thing was that an " was missing causing webbrowsers to think that the text was a part of the code. It said "Bloodlust Mail: [email protected]" and all the code was there but not displayed. Have a happy easter!

Status
Not open for further replies.