• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Super Help! Someone pro please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i want to know how to remove an icon from a hero spell after you learn it.

Example: My hero is Demon Hunter(DH), my DH is level 1 and it haven't learn any spells yet. So i want to learn Evasion (Spell 3 (Passive)). After i learn Evasion, my DH have the Evasion effect but it does not show icon.

So is there anyway i can do that? If there are can someone please tell me?

-Thank you-:croll:

Level 7
Im not the searched 'super-pro', but anyway I know how to make it...
  1. Use a modfied 'Tornado Slow Aura' as your hero spell. Modifications: Hero Ability, no slow (anything on 0), no allowed targets, add a Learn Icon etc.
  2. Take a Spellbook, but your Evasion in it.
  3. On MapInitialization you have to disable your Spellbook for all players (this will hide the icon, but the evasion works anyways out of the spellbook)
  4. Now you need a trigger like the following:
  • Hidden Evasion
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to <YourTornadoSlowAura>
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned skill level) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add <YourSpellbook> to (Learning Hero)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Increase level of <YourEvasion> for (Learning Hero)

Level 2
thanks, but not what i wanted......T_T

What i want is the same thing like the Morphling from Dota: When Morphling learn its stats point, it does not show icon.

Anyone be able to help me? Thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hide the evasion inside a hidden spell book, it even works for auras and other passives.

Basically make the evasion inside a spell book, then go to player and disable the spell (not remove). The spell book icon vanishes and the spell still remans inside the spell book and active.

Level 2
Many brilliance ideas, thanks, now i am going to tell you guys the spell system about my map:

My map is a buy spell map, my hero start with with no spell and i need to buy the spells from shop, so i bought the spell (For example) :TrueShot Aura.

And if i already have trueshot aura, it will increase the level of trueshot aura.

Ok, i have 7 space for spells, right? yes, but after i have 7 spells, i can still buy spell, but does not show icon because it have no space, and for passive spells i still get the effect even if it doesn't show the icon, so the BIG bug is that if i buy all passive spells, i may not be able to use any later active spells because there are no space to show icon. i want my map to anti this bug: a hero can have as many as passive spells as they want but 7 active spells is the limit because there will be no more space.

Anyone who understands me please help, thank you!

Level 5
ok o.o
you really dont need a super pro o_O

only this tutorial -> magical tutorial of doom o.o

its about spellbooks o.o
why you need it ?_?
if you put your passive spells into such a spell book and disable it, the passive skills are still working but you will not see them ^__^
like posted by the others before...o.o

hope itll help you =D

Level 13
Many brilliance ideas, thanks, now i am going to tell you guys the spell system about my map:

My map is a buy spell map, my hero start with with no spell and i need to buy the spells from shop, so i bought the spell (For example) :TrueShot Aura.

And if i already have trueshot aura, it will increase the level of trueshot aura.

Ok, i have 7 space for spells, right? yes, but after i have 7 spells, i can still buy spell, but does not show icon because it have no space, and for passive spells i still get the effect even if it doesn't show the icon, so the BIG bug is that if i buy all passive spells, i may not be able to use any later active spells because there are no space to show icon. i want my map to anti this bug: a hero can have as many as passive spells as they want but 7 active spells is the limit because there will be no more space.

Anyone who understands me please help, thank you!

Thats exactly what XieLong told you, (and all others here), use a spellbook, insert your spell there and hide the damn book, passive spells in there will work, don't know why you say thats not what you need if it IS what you need :p

Level 2
oh, sorry -_-, sorry all, the truth is that i am just a super noob map maker and i didnt understand what is a spell book

sorry all

Level 7
You could use the
reputation.gif
button to thank the people who helped you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.