• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need Specific Building Spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey Guys, I was wondering. I'm making a map and the size that the buildings take up on the ground is actually really important. Right now they're all either 2x2 or just the size of a barrel's pathing, but I need other things like a 5x5, and a 4x4, and a 5x4, you know some other sizes. Do they exist? If not how do I create them? Kinda upset if they don't exist.
- Zach

Level 9
You can create your own pathing maps. I think this can help you:

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php

I never actually tried to create pathing maps (as I never needed to do so), but as far as I know this should work. Another option would be to manually create pathing blockers whenever you create a new building, but I think that's rather difficult to manage...
I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

The Voilet Citadel is one of the largest pathing blockers there is.
It has a 12x12 unbuildable/unwalkable path and a 2x2 unbuildable rim around it.

Please note that when talking dimensions we talk the smallest of grid size.

The post NarGalloth links to is a great way to get started if you want a completely custom pathing blocker.

Fx. If you want a 16x16 (4x4 medium grid) which is unbuildable but walkable. You open paint. Resize the image to 16x16 pixel and paint it all blue (red = 0, green = 0, blue = 255).
Save it. Convert the image to .TGA with [thread=137599]this[/thread] tool, and then import it to your map. Change your building's pathing with the imported file.

Status
Not open for further replies.