• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some help with UV mapping in vertex modifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there.

I need some help with making a wrap in vertex modifier.
I made a mouse droid model:
attachment.php

And here's the UV-map:
attachment.php

As you can see, the front, back and top are ugly because they don't have their own part in the UV-map. If I try to take those parts apart, though, it takes points from other parts of the model and streches them as well. Anyone know how to get the front, back and top apart from the sides in the UV-map?

I hope I've managed to make myself clear.

Thank you.

Attachments

• MouseDroiduv.png
    MouseDroiduv.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 162
  • MouseDroid.png
    MouseDroid.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 174
Level 51
Hey.

My methode for this is, getting Mdlivs (if you haven't it already) take the streched parts and detach them as a new geoset. (the green ball splitted) Then view your model from the front (still in Mdlivs) and select the streched geoset. go into UV editor and remap the texture. now you can unwrap the streched part again, so it isn'T streched and isn't swayed by the other part of the model. When you finished, go to Vertex editor again and merge the geosets togehter again.

Hope this helps.

Level 18
Yeah, Vertex Modifier does better when you switch similar textures (arthas/undead arthas for example) where the wraps are similar but differently stretched. For example the death knight's face wrap is horizontally squished and is better adjusted to human Arthas' texture with Vertex Modifier. However, for models like yours, Mdlvis is way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.