• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need some help with Unit Groups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a campaign (I'v said that before)
And now, i'm doing the cinematics for the 3rd map!
And i'm moving (instantly) Units Groups to 2 diff. regions!
The groups contains 1 male, 1 (2) male (with beard) and females!

Now here's the problem!

I want the males in one region.
And the females in the other region.

I'v tried a few things but with no luck!
So i hope that someone can help me!
This is critical. If i don't get an answar, that works. I'll have to post on a diff. site!

Level 8
DarkShadow said:
Yup, that shouldn't be a problem. (Picked Unit) is picked new everytime you use it, there's no relation to the other unit group thingies. (I guess you save the other unit groups in unit group variables, right?)
Yes. I do save the unit groups.
ok. I'm testing the trigger now!

Edit!

ok..This got confuzeling..
ok!
I'll try to explain a little bether!

1. I got this Unit-Group with 3 diff. unit types!
2. I want one type of unit to be moved (instantly) to "region"

I know how to move instantly, but not the unit-type only....here's my trigger atm!

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Dragoon_army[5] and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Villager (Male)
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Random point in Region 057 <gen>)
                Cinematic - Fade out over 1.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
            Else - Actions

But that does not work!

Level 8
You've got a timed event inside your pick action, so it's waiting a long time for EACH unit separately, instead of all at once. Move the cinematic fade filter outside the pick action.

Nothing else is glaringly obviously wrong. Have you tested to ensure that your unit group variable does contain units when the trigger runs?

Level 8
Panto said:
You've got a timed event inside your pick action, so it's waiting a long time for EACH unit separately, instead of all at once. Move the cinematic fade filter outside the pick action.

Nothing else is glaringly obviously wrong. Have you tested to ensure that your unit group variable does contain units when the trigger runs?

Yes. The units is added to the group when the map is loaded!

ok. I'll try it out when i get back home!

Status
Not open for further replies.