• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need Save and load & map protect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Request:
Save and load
need to save slots ,skills,lvls,exp,hero(model and damage and all those things)
in one code like someting like this re4e5)hh5658hfh just example
and load all these things

Request 2:Map protect
i need a map protect so people dont steal my work

Anyway THANKS !

Level 10
that doesn't work either... sorry.

Your base problem lies in that warcraft 3 still has to be able to read the map, therefore any MPQ browser based on Blizzards code can also read the mpq and all the data that you have in it.

Therefore making your save load code hard to read by hand means that even tho they can see it and take it, it won't make much sense.

Level 10
well warcraft II has to be able to read your models otherwise they won't be displayed in game, obviously.

Now any MPQ browser built on the same code as blizzards can also see your models and extract them for someone else to use. Thats why xgm.ru is so full of ripped models.

However I would still protect your map to stop noobs hacking your save/load system ^^

Level 12
Really the best protection is optimization. It will put your thousands of lines of code into a single long trigger filled with jumbled variable names and function names making it nearly impossible for anyone to edit unless they are insane or have 18 hours a day to strictly mess with your map.

Level 10
no luck there dreadnought, most JASS editors automatically parse the functions and variable and lay it out neatly for you.

BUt you should optomize for a smaller filesize if your map is trying to keep things tight, it'll knock 10-20% off total filesize depending on how many triggers you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.