• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need poeple for an unity RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
It is better if you can code it yourself. Nowadays, it is quite difficult to find anyone because all of them will be having their projects and plus really, no pay? I doubt it would be easy to recruit unless you're planning to sell it and share the profit. You also need to earn their trust and keep your promise to finish the game or else they will not be simply helping you and ending up getting nothing.

Best of luck though, it is also good to show some of your ideas and plans here so that it will attract more people.

Level 29
I'll just be real here and cut to the chase, even if it will sound mean.

This won't work.
If you want to recruit actual useful people, and have any hope in finishing any project, you need to show progress. You need to have some working demo to show that your idea works. It can be done with fully placeholder models/textures/whatever, but you need a playable thing to show.
When you have that as a baseline, try to recruit, and you'll likely attract useful people.
I would say it's ridiculous you didn't even write any kind of description or said anything whatsoever about your idea, but in fact it wouldn't matter too much. Even if you have the best idea, ideas don't manifest themselves, you need the skills to realize them.

So after that - learn how to use Unity, read tutorials, research, and start making whatever it is you want to make.
You can make everything as specific as possible, take the shortest paths, and do whatever you can to make the demo come to life faster - you can always improve later on when you know you have some prospect for a team.
Just get something playable.

Either way, good luck.

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Sorry man but i also have projects on my own. But if you want to you can practice with a smaller project and get more better at coming up with ideas.

Level 14
Most people in this forum are really busy about their projects plus they have some school projects/activities or jobs which is rude to disturb them. Either way, you should keep improving your skills by reading tutorials, books, and etc to handle most tasks by yourself.

Note:
i wont pay you for what you do
All game companies paid their employees and credited them to their game for their effort to it. Even whether it's a Indie game or not, all helpers should be paid. Or maybe if you have a friend who is experienced with Game Development, why not asked them?

Screamernail

S

Screamernail

Then you will be better off asking for help in unity forums. There will be a wide range of unity users who can help you.

I thought the Unity forum weren't used anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.