[Campaign] Need names and other ideas for a custom campaign

Level 5
To all the Hive members still active after all these years, I'm currently planning to create a custom campaign with hopes of its use in Reforged which I have named Reforged In Blight, for now.

I currently need help with the following:
I currently have 2 Orc clans (1 is an evil Demon sympathizing clan and the other isn't)
  • So far I have "Eclipse" and "Black Star", but I can't name the normalish clan at all, so I need new names.
  • I have a variety of heros in use, unexpectedly, without proper names.
  1. Red Paladin: Scarlet Crusader paladin who was later killed, corrupted, and resurrected. Currently: "Chilian"
  2. Orcish Blademaster: A fearsome Blademaster who fought against the Demon who lead the undead against his outpost, albeit in vain. Currently: "Akuma"
  3. Orcish Warlock: A powerful Orcish Warlock who raised many dead Orcs, opened many Demon gates, and leads a super-massive army of Fel Orcs. Currently: "TBD", Title: "Warlock"
  4. Massive Pit Lord with an enhanced devour ability, known as "The Eater of Worlds". Currently: "Devoratrix"
  5. An extremely powerful, power hungry, Nathrezim demon who towers above the Dreadlords, easily capable of ending them all, a betrayer of The Burning Legion, and the main protagonist. Currently: "TBD".
  6. An Elvish Blood Mage. Yeah, I don't have a name for him. I'm bad at names.
  7. A Human Necromancer. A Human with dark magic, leader of the Black Empire who found a powerful Fel Chaos Blade, with the power to cut open dimensions he now controls massive amounts of land and has a massive army at his disposal. He wields an Orcish Book of Necromancy capable of opening the Demon Gates once more. Currently: "Mendax" the "Necromancer".
  8. Three spirits, a Human Mage, an "undead" Necromancer, and a Night Elf, all who had once mentored or met Mendax in life. Currently: "TBD" & "TBD" & "TBD".
  9. A Scarlet Crusade Human Mage, currently: "Kage".
  10. A Fel Blademaster, warrior of Eclipse Clan. Currently: "Oshoku".
  11. A plague name. Currently "TBD".
  12. Two Demon brothers, guardians of The Eater of Worlds, both Red Draenei. Currently: "TBD" & "TBD".
  13. A powerful Chaos Lich. Currently: "TBD".
  • I need to make the Avatar 'ultimate' ability act like the 'inferno', specifically how it takes mana over time. (I might not actually need help with this one)
  • I need a whole new name for the campaign.
  • I need an idea on how to make an image with the campaign's name that looks cool.
  • I need new mission names for the story below.
  • More to come soon...
And yes, I plan to credit all of you if I successfully create the campaign, in the campaign's credits.

The power hungry Shadow Lord broke free from the Void and is now in our world, he will stop at nothing to consume all of the energies of Azeroth while trying to prevent The Burning Legion from returning and interfering with him.

Story layout/rundown:

01.Dark Reunion (Cutscene):
With a desire for revenge, The Shadow Lord has broke free from the Legion's bondage and has returned to the overworld, opening a portal into Azeroth. His entrance into our world created a massive magical shockwave that could be felt from spellcasters everywhere, luring a large group of Orc, Human, and Night Elf spell casters to him.

02.Under The Dark Crown: Orc
A battle ensues and The Shadow Lord pillages the nearby human town, resurrecting the occupants as his own soldiers. The Humans and Night Elves are allied, while the Orcs are on their own. The Shadow Lord successfully annihilates his adversaries, but before finishing off the Orcs, he makes them realize the futility of their resistance and bends them to his will. Afterwards, The Shadow Lord realizes something massive must've happened in order to make the Night Elves ally with the Humans and finds out that recently the The Burning Legion invaded Azeroth resulting in a failure because of their Alliance. He also learns of The Lich King through the Orcs, who once served the Shadowguard during the first invasion.

03.Red Army
A Scarlet Crusade scouting team is spotted by The Shadow Lord and bent to his will by his dark magic. From this he learns of their base's location and prepares to pillage it and loot their gold supplies. The player must also strike down the region's Blood Elf fortress, afterwards, The Shadow Lord resurrects the Elvish Mage into the Blight Mage.
(Of course you get to battle Undead & Orc vs. Human)

04.Forsaken Allies
The Shadow Lord senses the magic of the Forsaken nearby, soon enough he finds that they are under attack from the Scarlet Crusade. Sylvanas initially rejects working with the demon, but then they come to a mutual agreement to wipe out their common enemy. The Shadow Lord parts ways and the Forsaken are never seen again in the campaign.

04.Forsaken SideQuest
Idk... maybe you'll get some extra loot or something.

05.Under The Dark Crown: Naga
With the Scarlet Crusade out of his way and more Undead in his ranks, The Shadow Lord seeks to further bolster his army. To do so, he opens a portal to The Outlands where he hears Illidan has abandoned many of the Naga. Upon arrival he finds that their ranks are still intact and are doing fine holding Magtheridon's fortress. (I honestly don't know what you'll have to fight, probably The Legion)

06.The Eater Of Worlds
(Dungeon Mission)
The Shadow Lord seeks out his old ally, The Eater Of Worlds, a powerful Pit Lord who once served the Shadowguard. After battling through the Legion's Demons guarding The Eater's prison, The Eater becomes yours to control and wreak havoc upon the Eredar Warlocks who still dare stand in your way.

07.Retribution
News of The Shadow Lord's return has long since reached the Legion's ears, and many Demons are showing their true loyalties by defecting and causing chaos within the Legion's ranks. The Legion has dispatched a Chaos Lich who has warned the local NE of your presence and persuaded them to try to kill you. The Lich and the NE aren't allied. The local area outside the portal has been surrounded by Corrupt Night Elves since before you entered the prison portal, but with your new pet you can easily retake the cursed forest. You'll get a new item allowing you to summon a Corrupt NE Wisp on command, at the cost of mana and food.

09.Lights Out
The Rupture: A place of great power, precisely where the Fel Orcs want to build a set of Demon portals on Azeroth to start a Demon invasion large enough to make Wc4 happen. The Orcish Eclipse Clan is moving towards The Rupture and has their Warlock already starting the summoning rituals necessary. As The Shadow Lord is an enemy of the Legion, your mission is to wipe out the outlying bases and soldiers.

08.Mendax' Army
Mendax, once a member of the Shadowguard, now a powerful hero who wields a Chaos Blade and uses an Orcish book of necromancy, which holds the location of The Rupture and the spell to open it, you must get to the book before the Fel Orcs do.

10.Scarlet Fever
While on route to The Rupture, the Red Paladin leads a massive Scarlet Crusade expeditionary force to strike at your army, unknowingly, this would be the last day he would see the light. The Paladin is resurrected by The Shadow Lord under his control.

11.Gateway
After dealing with the delays from the Scarlet Crusade, there is only moments left before the full invasion begins. Will the power of the combined forces of the Undead, Orcs, Naga, and Humans be enough to wipe out the Fel Orcs and their Demons before it's too late? Each Fel Orc base has 2 Demon portals releasing Fel Hounds, Infernals, Doom Guard, and many more Demons. Each portal destroyed buys you a small amount of time. The Demons have resurrected Orcish Skeletons and imbued souls into Orcish Liches. On top of everything thrown at you, Ner'zhul's undead block your escape, spelling certain death for the player with attacks at both sides while trying to race the clock.

The Demon Gates are already spewing out Demons intent on your destruction.

11.Gateway's Secret Side Quest: "The Arm of Phism"
At the bottom right of the map, after cutting through many trees, you can find a few stranded members of the Shadowguard willing to assist you, and the treasure they were guarding. (Lewt doesn't carry to the other levels)

12.The Edge of Blight And Dark
An old portal made by a Demonic Lieutenant many years ago with the intent of letting The Soulsplicer into our world is finally open, and is spewing out Darkness afflicting the whole region. The Demon has finally gotten his wish, every molecule in his body is now bound to the will of The Soulsplicer. A battle ensues and The Shadow Lord kill the Soulsplicer's Champion, the Dark Chieftain, and the rest of the local Nightmares. The Shadow Lord approaches the portal as a massive army of Humans, Elves, and Dwarves surround the area and begin the massacre of The Shadow Lord's weakened undead army. With no way out, TSL enters the portal.

13.Reforged In Blight + Final Cutscene
The Shadow Lord and The Eater of Worlds are split apart at opposite ends of the map. Between them lies many hundreds of The Soulsplicer's Nightmares. At the center lies Zendar, The Souldplicer himself, he who merges souls with darkness. After battling through Zendar's many Nightmarish warriors, Lieutenants and Champions, The Soulsplicer comes to an end.

14.Bonus: Grand Scheme (Cutscene)
Sorry, it's a secret.

BTW: I need new mission names too.

2018-12-cover-art-header.jpg

Image Property of Blizzard (I think...)

Last edited:
Level 5
The avatar is for a hero, specific mission only, kinda like the Illidan becomes a demon and you get to be powerful for the whole mission.

The Orcs, 1 is a normalish clan, nothing special or strange. The other is a Felled, Demon sympathizing clan who serves TBL. Their Warlock(s) plan to open the dark portals and allow TBL to take Azeroth. Their lead Warlock also is the clan's Warchief and he has raised many dead Orcs once again to fight for TBL.

Level 5
You said the red paladin was corrupted when resurrected then in the missions mention only the corruption part.
Both happen together, he is corrupted when resurrected. Also this could change as I go along too, it's not final till it's posted as finished here on Hive.

Last edited:

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 9
Feel free to adapt these names as you please.

1. Human names tend to have -ion suffix (Tyrion, Turalyon, Vairian), or a harsh sounding -Ar in their names (Lothar, Khadgar, Arthas).

My suggestion - Cillian, Irish for 'little church'

2. Blademasters tend to use Japanese inspired names. Lots are from famous samurai names or pop culture samurai movies/games.

My suggestion - Rashamon, after the Kurosawa movie
Or Ikiru, another Kurosawa movie, meaning ''to live'

3. There arent many famous Warlocks aside from Guldan and Teron Gorefiend. I say make something evil sounding.

My suggestion - Kraven, based on the word Craven meaning cowardly or defeated.

4. I translated eater of worlds in latin and it wasnt so cool. However, ''devourer of worlds" is pretty slick - Devoratrix Mundos.

My suggestion - Voraxx the Devourer

5. Demon names or names of powerful people could work.

My suggestion - Valcrist. Was the name of a guildy who was an aggressive raider.

Level 5
Orc clan suggestions:

Iron Blades

Wolf-Brothers

Warbringers
Iron Blades... they get upgraded to Fel later so this feels like an understatement.
Wolf-Brothers... Maybe, cause they gonna use Raiders alot.
Warbringers just wouldn't be right, after RoC they kinda died down and didn't try to war, just tried to investigate an anomaly but got mauled by a demon.

Level 13
Paladin:
Taeath Flaretrail
Raris Bloodfury
Aeriald Bloodgaze

Baldemaster:
Ehlgem Wrathripper
Drurn Deadblade

Warlock:
Krurragmorg Viceflame
Grirntich Hollowkill
Igluk Sharpflame

Pit Lord:
Gurgreth
Tharoxath
Morthrethan

Nathrezim:
Xath'nurdras
Renothuzzol
Sulphezzumath

Level 5
Warlock:
Krurragmorg Viceflame
Grirntich Hollowkill
Igluk Sharpflame
The warlock needs something great and evil sounding, like how Gul'dan does. He will be killed in a cutscene at the end of the campaign, so he needs a good name.

Last edited:
Level 13
Elvish Blood Mage:
Zel'thaes Phoenixwalker
Kraedril Runeblade
Sollinan Flarepride

Human Necromancer:
Hardouin Cursebirth
Kadin Boneflock
Zyrus Soulweeper
Theron Skullchains

Human Mage Ghost:
Aluuvil

Undead Necro Ghost:
Xakhudan

Night Elf Ghost:
Mythaedarn

Scarlet Crusade Human Mage:
Asthan Bloodstrider
Aeriir Firedream
Losil Cinderstar
Dar'marrin Fireseeker

Fel Blademaster:
Crararm Shadowfang
Uvnerorl Angerblade
Okzis Deathslice

Level 4
Ok, more easly is see for the Warcraft III Name Generator, i use it because im low of mind generating names, and yes, makes names for Warcraft.

Level 5
I can make you a banner with the campaign name when you want c:
I wanna say, "That would be awesome, thanks!", but the current campaign name doesn't fit very well. You see, Reforged In Blight sounds more like what I would name the sequel, after the Nightmarish Soulsplicer breaches into Azeroth and begins to corrupt the world. This is more a demon's revenge and power quest story.
Honestly, I'll accept your work and throw you into the credits if you do.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hey, this project wasn't maded for being closed. C'mon, you can do it! Just need an inspiration source, and a ''bit'' of time!

Level 7
Paladin:
Duran Bloodgorger
scot the swift
Andran the cruel

Baldemaster:
Eris Swiftblade
Umar Bonesplitter

Warlock:
Venetas the vile
Serantum the healer
Anthos the pyromaster