• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] empty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
To clarify you want (ex shockwave) to be castable from friendlies in range of aura, but cooldown tied to the source of the aura?

If I understand correctly:
  • Necro with Shockwave aura and three ghouls
  • Necro casts the ability at a nearby footman
  • ALL GHOULS AND THE NECRO Cast shockwave at the footman? OR Closest GHOUL in range casts?
If this is the cast you don't have to add the ability to the unit since it's completely tied to the commands of the caster.
Event - cast, then into unit group check of the closest unit (w/ matching aura buff) to the target point/unit, create a dummy, cast, presto!

Level 24
Unfortunately I don't know of a way to trigger a cooldown of an ability without first casting it.
However we can simply make a cooldown with variables and remove the shockwave after the first unit casts it.

1. I'd use Bribe's Unit Event to detect Initialization / Creation / Revive & vanilla gui for learning the ability to detect a unit that has the aura.
  2. Then an area check that adds units with the valid buff into a periodic check if they still have the buff and still living
  3. Detect when shockwave(aura) has been cast by unit's in the group and remove all instances of the shockwave ability from units in the aura group adding a X second "Cooldown" variable that will tick down before adding the ability back to the unit.
  4. Rinse repeat
I'll take a whack at this tonight and see if it's presentable.

Level 24
Please refrain from double post
Follow Grog'nar and use the "Edat Bootan"
EDUT BOOTAN.png

Level 24
I take it you don't see the humorous image, Grog'nar is the silly looking orc I made.

Simply give a unit you want to be the aura "source", if a unit with your aura attacks another enemy check if the caster's "source" ability is on cooldown or not, if not cast shockwave from the unit's position!

Viola, no need for fancy-smancy cooldown witchcraft.

Preview

Edit: Try now

Attachments

• Reach of Undeath.w3x
    69.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 24
  • The attachment at the 8th post
  • The *' cooldown is simply to *' showcase the *' ability you requested, you need only *' apply a *' cooldown you *' want
  • The base ability is channel, you can set it to unit target if you wish
  • Currently it works by checking units within a set distance, you can apply it to first check for a buff
  • Don't double post, Grog'nar is displeased
  • I made it
  • I posted it here
  • The attachment at the 8th post
(*)

Level 24
  • A buff that reduces spell damage? That's easily done by the damage engine included! What do you mean by blink, how would the AI use this ability?
  • I'm too lazy to upload this, just rep me here if you're happy with it or plan to use it
  • I was referencing your "What the *" as I found it *' hilarious that you censoring the word fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.