• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Need ideas for the system like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
It is the first time i am asking people for the ideas instead of asking help for the triggers.

I am developing map for me and my friends based the game The Forest.

It is what i need.

You need to build shelter and it requires 30 lumbers. You can harvest wood from trees and you can get 10 lumber after you destroyed the tree (you have peasant and you need to return wood from your hand)

When you want to build shelter first you are placing it and you need to return 10 lumbers 3 times to this structure and it's build completing. That means you need to go to the trees and destroy 2 more trees.

How can i make system like this?

If i can succeed it, i need to idea for the stock lumbers. You will be able to drop your lumber to your lumber mill and you will go and get in there when you need.

i am editing post because i need to specify one thing. I like the animation to peasants to gather lumber from tree and taking lumber to their arms. I don't want to change this.

Last edited:
Level 17
You could make the lumber an item, check when units come near the shelter under construction and remove it or have them use an ability to deposit lumber to the construction site.

Hmm nice and i am editing post because i need to specify one thing. I like the animation to peasants to gather lumber from tree and taking lumber to their arms. I don't want to change this.

Status
Not open for further replies.