• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas for the map's name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
My friend, Antipathic(vel zeroXD), with help from mey and few other guys is making a map. The main problem we have is no real map name, we only got the working name KotHAoS, but that's not a name really :grin:

The name should be catchy, make the player interesting. A nice shortcut of it would be nice too. It shouldn't be "War of..." or "... War", because it's rather a battle than a war. Here's what can I tell about the map, plot:

The sides are: Blood Elves, Fel Orcs and demons, which fight both. As u can deduct, it's set in the outlands. Blood Elves fight Fel Orcs because both sides want to claim the magical remnants of a mysterious meteor which lies in a big crater in the middle of the map. But the crater was claimed and is defended by demons who hold some evil incantation near the big, black, half-burried, magical thingy, probably to fuck up everything and make an armaggedon :grin:

I'm waiting for Your ideas :infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 2
This is what I came up with based on your description. (names can be a real bitch, but I love the challenge.)

Celestial Impact : Rise of the Abyss

similar to what you are looking for?

Level 7
Quite nice, I like the reference to the meteor in the first part. Though CI:RotA sounds bad :/
(btw, Rota is a national, hmm, not anthem, but folk-song? Lilt? Dang, English got song for whole oral music, in Polish we got many words ^^)

I forgot to tell that the map is set in outlands, but that's quite obvious if you read description and THINK. But I'll add it to the first post anyway :)

Level 2
Don't really like them.

I think Celestial Impact with something different after : would do it.

OFCOURSE! sticking to your description, why not just call it

Celestial Impact : Armageddon

That way they short version is CI:A or just CIA and it'll grab attention when hosted

Status
Not open for further replies.