• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting map idea names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My current project is still lacking a name and a large portion of the code is already done. I would like to start uploading preview videos of the map over the next few weeks, but I can't do that with a name.

The map has a race of alien zerg-like creatures with insect style mechs (assuming the graphics continue down the current plan) and a second team of humans.

I cannot give full details on the unique aspects of the game play at this time. However, the map is similar to the game Unreal Tournament in both style and game play. Its more of a war setting than a tournament setting, but the style of game is very similar.

If anyone has any ideas what I could name this, then please help! Thanks!

Level 8
Why cant you post the unique gameplay...makes no sence. I doubt anyone would try to steal Also the above description is not that good.
Anyway names=

Insecticide
Extermination Revolution
Exoskeletal Carnage

Fell free to use any of those and get more ideas from them.

Level 2
Can't post details that aren't made yet! Thank you for the input though.

I thought that it was a decent description. The two teams are balanced / symmetrical, with no plot focus on one side wiping out the other. I wouldn't say extermination would be a good description because, like Unreal Tournament, its not humans fighting swarming enemies. Just like you can't describe warcraft 3 ladder play as humans exterminating night elves; they are just two races.

There are different game modes, such as capture the flag, capturing points (you know domination from Unreal Tournament), and base assaulting. The majority of the game is with each player controlling 1 unit to complete those objectives. You can run around and pick up health, ammo, armor, ect while shooting at each other.

Is that a better description? I doubt it, because I kinda did say it is like Unreal Tournament already. If you know that game, then it doesn't need much re-describing.

Level 8
Much better description. Unreal is a first person shooter game, thats why i was a bit confused on wether you wanted it to be first person shooter or normal game. Also if all those details are not made yet its going to be hard to create a title. I think that you should first develop you idea fully, or make up a title then base the map off the title.

Level 10
Laziness can pay off in names. For my most recent map, the name is based of the location: Station H-13 (the 13th space station). Just a tip.

Names:
Firestorm (if its a game based around action)
Lethal Endurance (if the game is more on survival rather then "tanking" and head on assaults)
Tensor's Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.