• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Ideas for: Grey Mage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi people , i need ideas for a Gray Mage...

What a Gray Mage is?
- Well , basicaly for me , a gray mage is the mage who can control Negative Magic and Nether or Time Magic...

i just need ideas for it :grin:.. +rep can may be given.

Level 8
bump , maybe someone dont understand the plot of this mage , thats why i though of some ideas ...

Nether Volley - Sends a Vollery of Nether Missiles at the Targeted Zone , also , it will heal and recover the caster.

CD , MP and other things , arent so important...

or it can also be...

Time Master - The mage is an expert on time manipulation , it is so that it can almost predict his enemies attacks.
Enemies Run and Attack 25% slower.

or skills kinda xD...

Level 10
I think a Grey mage if what your saying should control the Nether World and time. Who is to say that the Nether world is not time but in a different form. So why not combine Nether Volley and Time Master. Both of which sound like good spells.

Level 8
hum , i was thinking about other spell but i think it is possible , so i have a lot of ideas canceled , thats why im asking for them...

and well , you can think of any kind of spell , referred to Nergative Magic and Nether or Time Magic... all three are possible , even if Nether and Time are Similar (thats what i understand of your post).

Level 10
Yes that what Im trying to say is that Nether magic could manifest in many forms aka have time spells, Nether spells, and every spell in between. I think for a cool combined spell would be like you target an area with Nether Magic and in that area time slows down? As for negative magic or at least the way I look at it is evil like undead or devilish.

Level 8
yes well , it is in fact , Grey Magic , so it can may be lika Spirit Weakness or things as such , btw , what i wantted to mean in the other post was that i have some ideas that i think they are IMpossible ...

anyways hope that "explanation" of Negative Magic was useful...

Level 7
Negate Mana:
If a unit attacks you while you have this buff, you steal some of his mana and the magic maybe be negated
Time Stop:
Stops the time for some seconds, just dont work on the Grey Mage
Couldnt really think of others but i hope these is okey.

Level 7
Im not that experiansed with GUI or Jass but i'll get the spell to this:
  • Negate Mana
  • Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions: (Target unit of ability being cast) Equal to Grey Mage
  • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Negate Mana ) Equal to True
  • Actions:
  • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
  • Set GreyMage = (Target unit of ability being cast)
  • Unit - Order Caster to stop
  • Unit - Set mana of GreyMage to ((Percentage mana of GreyMage) + 50.00
  • Unit - Set mana of Caster to ((Percentage mana of Caster) - 50.00)
The only problem is that the Casters mana goes down to 0.00 + 50.00.
That was the best i've could do for today. Hope you can do it better than me, for im bad to spells.

Level 10
On your nether volley idea I would trigger it something like this:

• Nether Volley
  • Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions: (Ability being cast) Equal to Nether Volley
  • Actions:
  • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (50.00 x (Real((Level of Nether Volley for (Triggering unit))))))
Yes i know it is simple and might not be totally mui but it works and I'm not good with triggers at all.
The spell you are casting can be based on Cluster Rockets with changed model. :grin: You could also put in a special effect with the trigger for an example:

• Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
or
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
And yes I know that creating a special effect at a point will cause leaks if the position is not cleared but i don't know how to remove leaks. :con:

Level 5
Poison Mana - The percent of mana the target has will reduce it's life regeneration, EX, if the target has 100/100 mana, the targets life will not regenerate, if it has 50/100 mana, it's life regeneration is reduced by 50%, if the target has 0/100 mana, it's life regernation will function as normal.

Chrono-Abyss - A 200 AOE will become a chrono abyss, slowing units down in it for 40%, and then killing anything around it for 250 AOE.

Nether Rift - Summons a Nether rift, which will spew nether magicks into the area around it, damaging nearby units for 20 damage a second. Every 5 seconds the rift is opened, there is a chance a neutral hostile voidwalker will spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.