• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas for 3rd mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since grim001 is taking so damn long on his physics system, I decided to ask you guys for ideas.

What do you think should be on the third mountain in the puzzle map? This mountain should be the most awesome out of the three mountains and the other section.

Oh, and Pyritie is a ball at this point. Use that to your advantage!

Level 4
If Pyritie is a ball and you're using a physics engine, I'm assuming you want to make use of slopes and momentum. In that case I suggest doing something like Worm War with gradual turning -- that is, Pyritie will try to move to where you right-click, but he won't go straight toward it because of his momentum and the slant of the hill he's on. This is probably what you had in mind already.

Will there be puzzles along the way, or is the whole puzzle just the challenge of getting through the "maze", rules being what they are? If there are also puzzles, you could have the user try to figure out how to access certain switches if they can't go up a long, steep hill. I'll probably think of something else in the morning... but I might forget it before I can write it down. Good night, anyway.

Make it like a Sonic the Hedgehog stage. he rolls down and you have to dodge trees, rocks and even enemies, and when he reaches the bottom of a hill, have him get a super cool jump right before and landing on the top of another hill and rolling down again. Repeat if necessary.

Also, maybe being able to jump to hit flying enemies (evil birds or dragons or whatever) to get score or gold, etc...

cosmicat, I thought I mentioned I would've liked to use a physics system, but I cannot find the scripts to copy it over. So no physics system.

WILL, there are no trees, birds, evil dragons, or shops in the elemental dimensions. Just elementals and rocks. I could add some debris or whatnot. Not a bad idea actually. The only problem is that the path up the mountain is pretty windy.

DesKaladA, sounds sorta like WILL's idea. See above for response.

Okay I had this really good idea after playing Earth-Fury's gravity system. What I could do is have a bunch of "levels", and in each level you have a bunch of gravity generators. I could make some weak, some strong, and others which repel.

A good example of these ideas are in a few flash ames I remember from ages ago. (If you go to newgrounds and search for Magnetism or Space Golf those are good examples of what I'm trying to accomplish.

What do you guys think?

Level 6
Pyritie, if you have played Super Mario Galaxy yet, then this is easier to explain. You could have several 2D levels that have "gravity zones" Like if you go to one place gravity is upside-down, then another zone will make you fall back down. And you have to maneuver to the end. You might have an ability that makes you jump, but if gravity is upsidedown, you would jump "down".

You'd really have to have played SMG to understand, but that's the best I could explain it. I'm almost positive that's possible in WE

Status
Not open for further replies.