• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Modeling] Need help

Level 1
Hi, I've recently been trying to customize the character models in WarcraftIII reforged and I'm having some issues that I'm hoping I can get help with.
First, I tried two methods, the first was to make a MIX file and put it in the root directory of my game, but this didn't work after I checked several times if the paths for the model were correct several times.
The second was to change the model file directly using the w3u file, the custom model was working fine on the map test, but it looked a little different, it seemed to have less or no movement in the test map, but it was lively when it was placed on the terrain editor, but at least it was working on the test map. Then I reimported the new w3u file back into the map and opened the game, the character I modified disappeared, it can move and attack but couldn't see the model.
I have tried very many ways and asked many people, please help me. Thank you all for your time and help!