• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help with loading screen and attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey I'm new to the hive and I have some questions...
First

how do I get an image I made in paint to be my loading screen? I know i have to change the file type somehow and get it to be a model file and a texture file. And if there is a way to do this without downloading any programs i would appreciate it.

Second
I fell noobish asking this question but could someone tell me how exactly i put an attachment (like a katana i downloaded from xXMephistoXx) to work on my unit, ive read the "if you dont kno how to download this" link but im still not making sense out of it. I know the model works cause i downloaded it and imported it into a unit as its model (so the unit was the katana :xxd:)

Any help on ether of these problems would help Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 7
Downloaded the Program but i have some problems working it
i can open the program first of all (no problem, 1st try XD) but i dont know what i am doing wrong, i went into extras, loading screen creator, imported my picture in the top box, generated the in the next box and then hit OK at the bottom. I can open up my model through FILE-OPEN, but my texture comes out as nothing. When i imported into WC3 and added the model file as my background it turned the background black.
I also tried deleting the texture line WC3..ect before the texture, and adding textures\ before the image texture name, both still gave me black backgrounds.....

I appreciate any help

Status
Not open for further replies.