• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, in my map there is a hero that spawns an animal to help him fight. The animal can also pick up items and use to to his own gains. But here's the problem. When he died all the items are lost. The way the spell should look like do resemble alot of Syllabear's summon skill from DotA. Would really appreciate any help I can get.

Level 22
Well it's very simple actually...

If your unit dies and your items aren't made so they drop upon death, they are lost, because a same animal can't be summoned ever again. In DotA for sylabear or whatever, don't know exactly how he works, cuz i suck with him so, two ways:

Make a trigger if your summon dies then he drops all items, or make your summon a Heroe which have no hero icon...

There might be other ways, but don't know...

Level 6
try to do like save item...then just add to summoned unit that items I am not good at triggers but this is working i think,if you know triggers you will sure use this to solve your problem!

he's right.. save the item.. using hash tables... I'm glad to help but.. i'm kinda busy to make a trigger for you.. grr... i also want to learn this

I guess I'll try if that "someone" doesn't beat me here!

Level 15
My guess is that you can make this in 2 ways.
1st)You can use hashtables to save the items in the animals slots and then load them each time you summon it.
2nd)If you use the normal summon ability,each time you use you summon a different animal,so make a trigger ability for this...which spawns the same unti.

*Tip:make sure you don't have enabled drop items on death.*

Level 2
Can someone please give me a more clearer solution on this problem. I honestly have no idea on what to do here.

Well i know what you guys are talking about but i dont know how to do it. Anyone kind enough to do it for me or give me a detailed solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.