• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help with "turn system"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So yeah, I'm making this map and I'm in need of assistance on this one, because I've tried everything that seems logical to "End turn" or like restore units from their paused state (well logical to me...)

(When your units action points (mana) is 0, your unit becomes paused until the next turn, which will require the End turn trigger)

So... I have actually TWO problems,
1) How can I make a system that needs either:

a) every player to type in End turn to restore (get unit to full mana) their units
b) only the host has the ability to End turn
c) every player to type in End turn to restore their units AND that host can forcefully End the turn to restore all units.

2) How do I limit unit movement (Like 250-1250 yards, or what ever) per turn.

I have attached the test map, in case you want / care to edit it and make an example of how it is supposed to be :grin:

Attachments

• Vuorotellen juttu.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 37
Level 16
Just a shourt Question for understanding:

How many Players are on the map? and something i dont understand ...

ALL players can type endturn .. but the host can force the endturn ...

Hmm but wouldn't this ... unfair ... 1 player just moved half way but host just end the turn ... as 1 other player moved alrdy the full possible way? but i will help you and addit this triggers to the map^^

Edit here it is^^

Attachments

• Vuorotellen juttu (edited).w3x
    20 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 2
Well I mean't that every player HAS to type in End turn to end turn and move their units again, but if some players seem to be afk or something like that (or just jerks) the host could force end turn like after 1 min 30 secs.

Unfair you say? Well players leave if your being unfair :wink:.

Ammount of players? No idea yet, just need the triggers before further planning.

And thank you for your triggers. +rep

Edit: I modified the "ability is cast 2" a little. I made a Variable called "Mana" and made a trigger that was to point out that the Variable "Mana" is same as the triggering units mana, and so I putted Mana Equal 0 as a condition. And it works just how I wanted it to work! I will mention you in the credits :smile:

Ohh and anyway... Does anyone have the solution to the moving problem? I need something for that :sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.