• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
okay now I have a question can some body:
1. make me a hero selection trigger
2. tell me how to import triggers
YES I l know that I have asked and received an answer on how to do this but every time I attempt to edit any event in the trigger the program crashes and I loose the trigger and repeat the process numerous times so now I must do this the noob way sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Thread split from "Private Multiboard for each Player" .
Please try not to hyjack other people's threads, it is not polite.

Firstly, are you refering to GUI triggers or JASS trigger?
If it is creashing with GUI then your WE is bugged and so try to fix it by reinstalling WC3.
If it is JASS then you have to read and learn how to JASS before you try editing them.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Well those are simple, they are run like any normal trigger.

You start with your victory event, this is basiclly on what event you want the game to end. An example of this is when a finall boss is killed.
You then have your conditions, this is to make sure you only win when you should win and is needed if you want the winning to be done on a very general event (like killing a unit and winning when all units of that type are dead).
You finally have your victory actions. This can be a short cinimatic, a song with fade filter or even some text for the player to read. After all that you "win" the player by using the one game or player action (unsure) which brings victory to a player.

It is really quite simple and is one of the easiest kinds of triggers to make.

Level 5
okay I want the game to end when your hero dies because you can only have one. so how do I do this?(EXACTLY)

Level 5
okay that all seems good and sound but I also want the player who kills the hero to gain control of that players units, is this posable?

Level 5
cool now can some one do that screen shot thing for the victory condition?please oh and I'll post the map file here when it's done for any one who want's it and give you all credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.