• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with hero abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Here goes.

I don't have a lot of experience making maps, so I don't know if this is a simple problem or not.

When having created some abilities for a hero and added them to it's ability-list, in game, some abilities does not appear amongst the useable skills. Even though there are still empty "slots". What I am trying to say is that the Icon is'nt showing when the skill is learnt, which is very annoying when it comes to active skills...

Am I making sense to anyone?

I have tried to search for the solution to this problem in older threads, however I could'tn find anything.
Please help.

Level 21
In hte ability editor, you have 2 values when editing an ability:

Art - Button Position - Normal (X) : shows the X coordinate of the icon on the bottom right
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y) : shows the Y coordinate of the icon on the bottom right

X ranges from 0 to 3; Y ranges from 0 to 2.

For example: Holy light is the Bottom left most ability of a paladin. It has coordinates (0,2). Divine shield is right next to it, and has coordinates (1,2). the "Attack" icon is at the right top, and would have (3,0) as coordinates.
When 2 abilities share the same coordinates, it's possible some will "fall off", rendering them invisible.

Level 1
Thank you very much, that helped a lot. However there is still one skill that appears to be "invisible". I can not understand why.

Level 5
Erm, if I understand correctly, you're saying the icon doesn't appear after it is learned? If so, I believe that the ability you based it on has no default normal icon?

Level 19
passive item abilities dont have icon but auras
even if you make it hero ability it will have icon while increasing/learning but not in unit UI this is how they make invisibile stat bonus for saving a button place
Also tomes dont have buttons (dont know why they arent passive)

My option is if you need to use passive item ability then make another useless passive ability for description
well
Unit Learns ability
if ability is <Your Ability>
actions
If
Level of <dummy ability> = 0
add <dummy ability> to unit
else set level of ability triggering unit <dummy ability> level of triggering units <your ability>

Well you got what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.