• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need help with custom ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i found the problem:
you have to disable the release trigger on map init
if u add a debugging message in every trigger to see when they run you will notice that the cast and release trigger always fire together, so the spell ends immediately
also you need a delay after casting before you enable the other trigger, just add Wait 0.25 seconds between turning off the one and turning on the other trigger and give your ability a cooldown of 1sec or anything that you cant cast it too early when no trigger is enabled

some side notes:
- you should stop the timer when the release trigger runs
- when i load the map the dummy doesnt have the aura, instead he has the ability unknown (A00R)
- also in the cast trigger it says "Create 1 _ for (Owner of ...." i put the dummy in there
- you should use the even "Unit starts the effect of an ability" instead of "Unit starts casting an ability", else you can produce bugs
- you are leaking a location, use the following custom script at the end of your triggers "ShelterRelease" and "ShelterTimer":
call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterPosition)

Level 21
Can you post the triggers here on forums?

If you don't know how, here's tutorial: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/how-easily-post-triggers-163285/
- when i load the map the dummy doesnt have the aura, instead he has the ability unknown (A00R)
- also in the cast trigger it says "Create 1 _ for (Owner of ...." i put the dummy in there

Problem is that I don't have English version of world editor, and that's why I didn't added triggers. I'm gonna download English version because translating triggers names is pain in the neck.

Thanks for help

Status
Not open for further replies.