• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a new unit-training way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, i was planning on making a map with a different way to produce buildings.

This is how it works :
U choose a builder and u build a... say...barracks. Now, the barracks doesnt produce units, instead, you put a peasant in the barracks and, after a training cycle, it turns into a footman.

I tried a couple of different ways to do this, but they didnt work. So, anyone can help?

Last edited:
Level 9
You can remove peasant and create a fighter after some time with triggers.
Smth like

Remove target unit of ability beig cast
Wait ***
Create unit of type

Level 21
Use something similar to the sacrifical pit? It turns acolytes into shades... Don't know if it's hardcoded, so you might want to check it out

Edit: apparently it's hardcoded and it always turns acolytes into shades. But what you could do to solve that is whenever a shade is created, you replace it by a footman...

Level 6
ok, i made it a different way but im running into a really dumb bug

what i did was, turned all buildings into transports. So, for example, if i want to train a footman, i put a unit in the barracks. The footman has a requirement - a unit named "A Peasant". When a peasant enters the barracks, the peasant it removed, and the "A Peasant" unit is created. Then u can create the footman. When the footman is trained, the "A peasant" unit is removed.

I did exactly the same for other units, like rifleman, knight and mortars, with the difference that the knight requires a footman and the mortar requires riflemen.

It works perfectly for them, except the footman. When u finish training, the "A peasant" unit isnt removed, and u can make as much footmen as u like. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this, as it is the same trigger with different values.

Status
Not open for further replies.