• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with a hero selecting trigger and probably something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay. I'm making an interesting map here... I searched the forums abit and I couldn't find what I needed, so I created this account to make this thread, but as I watch the forum it seems it'll be useful so I'll probably use it. ^^
And since I can't find what I need I'm gonna ask you guys. I hope you don't mind... :/
Here it is: I'm making a map. It should be 4v4. There are 4 kinds of heroes - same on both sides.

A warrior - one that takes damage(somethin like a tank) he's pretty good at dmg too but not like the rogue
A healer - you can pretty much guess by yourself ;)
A rogue - the damage guy
and the "something else" - it has auras and buffs and can do dmg... something in the middle between rogue and healer. For now it's gonna be "something else" untill i think of anything smarter... ^^'

The problem I have is that I want heroes to be selected by clicking on them.
I placed the units in the area that i made the camera move to when u start the game and I used this(for example):
Event:
Unit - The Warr is selected
Condition: --
Action:
Unit - Create 1 warr for (triggering player) at (center of NEherospawn) [that's the region where they spawn after the player selects them] facing 180.0 degrees
Camera - Pan camera for (triggering player) at (center of NEherospawn) over 0.00 seconds
Trigger - turn off (this trigger)

The last action is because i don't want one unit being selected and existing more than once. If I succeed at making this map in future versions maybe I would allow it for different tactics and so on, but for now I wanna make the simplest things just in order to have a running map.There are four different triggers for the NE players for the warr, rogue, healer and the "something else" heroes. All are like the one you see above only the unit selected and the unit created are changed. That's okay, BUT when I tested the map everything worked fine until the moment the camera moved to the place where the player should choose his hero, visibility was enabled in the area but the unit that has to be selected if you wanna play with warrior is gone and if I try the trigger on the other units for example the rogue - i click it and nothing happenes... Can someone help me? If someone could give me a trigger with the same purpose, but what u gotta do is double click like in X Hero Siege I'd be very grateful and I'll give rep! ^^

P.S.: I may have some other questions in future. That'll probably be very soon. ^^'

Level 1
Oh and um... I'm not that new to mapmaking, but I could say I sort of still am... ^^' I know kinda good deal of knowlege about the editor... seems it's not enough sometimes but... This is gonna be my first serious map.

Status
Not open for further replies.