• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need help on hero selecting cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • TimeTraveller
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Time Traveller
    • Actions
      • Camera - Reset camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply timetraveller <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 2.00 seconds
      • Set herosel[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 1
  • FiendofEarth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fiend of Earth
    • Actions
      • Camera - Reset camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply fiendofearth <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 2.00 seconds
      • Set herosel[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = 2
But when I tried to change selection, It doesn't move to another camera. Reseting and applying the same camera for all units.. pls help me :sad:

Edit: I think it's not about the triggers. It's about the abilities. Because when I click Fiend of Earth its applying timetraveller's camera..

Edit2: I copy-pasted the ability and the trigger. Does it bug?

It's because you reset the game camera, which destroys any apply camera actions. Use this:
  • TimeTraveller
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Camera - Apply without panning timetraveller <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 2.00 seconds
    • Set herosel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit))] = 1

Level 4
It's because you reset the game camera, which destroys any apply camera actions. Use this:
  • TimeTraveller
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Camera - Apply without panning timetraveller <gen> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) over 2.00 seconds

Thanks Pharaoh but I need a panning one. And it works with the timetraveller. I think my problem is its doing the same thing when I click to fiend of earth.

This:
should be this:
  • Set herosel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 1
By the way, if the abilities have the same Order ID, it's normal this doesn't work. Are they both based off the same ability and they are on the same unit? They must be based off seperate ability-types, else they tend to work at the same time.

Level 4
This:
should be this:
  • Set herosel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 1
By the way, if the abilities have the same Order ID, it's normal this doesn't work. Are they both based off the same ability and they are on the same unit? They must be based off seperate ability-types, else they tend to work at the same time.

yeah i forgot that thanks for the warning

yeah they're both same and on the same unit. but I have to do like that because I have a click and select hero type thing.. :sad:

I mean I need buttons

Edit: How can I make a camera angled hero selecting thing?

Last edited:
Level 4
reaally sorry about the double posting guys but i really need help immediately.

I have done with doing selling unit/sold unit thing. It worked! But now I need to increase another hero's stock when you click a hero.. How to do it? I couldn't find any GUI doing that..

Status
Not open for further replies.