1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Need Help - War stomp + more war stomp

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by Paulus, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    So i'm making a boss who has the war stomp ability. I want to make this greater then the regular war stomp. So i edited an old spell i made. I really don't know what i'm doing actually. I tried to read some tutorials about making spells but i don't have the discipline to read them through. I rather experiment with these spells. But now i'm stuck.

This is the trigger
    • War Stomp
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
      • Actions
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Set TempPos1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
            • Set TempPos2 = (TempPos1 offset by 100.00 towards (60.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
            • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at TempPos2 facing (Angle from TempPos1 to TempPos2) degrees
            • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPos1)
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPos2)

What i want is that the boss first uses war stomp, and after a mini fraction 6 dummies, placed around the boss equally, also war stomp.
    So far, the boss uses war stomp and the dummies use warstomp. But the dummies don't leave a crack in the ground. I want cracks in the ground. I wonder if the dummies are equally placed around the boss (if they would leave cracks, i could check their positions).
    I made a picture how i imagine it

Attached Files:

2. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    For the cracks:
    If the spell uses same effect as the original one, it should leave cracks in ground. The thing may be that the effect is completely tied to the caster - so when caster disappears, so does the effect (and thus the crack).
    Try increasing dummy's generic expiration timer to for example 2,5 seconds and see if it made any change.

Also, if your dummies have "Fly" movement type and have "locust" ability, they should spawn right at the place calculated by the trigger... else they may get moved because of pathing