• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Help - War stomp + more war stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So i'm making a boss who has the war stomp ability. I want to make this greater then the regular war stomp. So i edited an old spell i made. I really don't know what i'm doing actually. I tried to read some tutorials about making spells but i don't have the discipline to read them through. I rather experiment with these spells. But now i'm stuck.

• War Stomp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to War Stomp
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPos1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Set TempPos2 = (TempPos1 offset by 100.00 towards (60.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at TempPos2 facing (Angle from TempPos1 to TempPos2) degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPos1)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPos2)
What i want is that the boss first uses war stomp, and after a mini fraction 6 dummies, placed around the boss equally, also war stomp.
So far, the boss uses war stomp and the dummies use warstomp. But the dummies don't leave a crack in the ground. I want cracks in the ground. I wonder if the dummies are equally placed around the boss (if they would leave cracks, i could check their positions).
I made a picture how i imagine it

Attachments

• Warstomp Boss.png
    Warstomp Boss.png
    403.1 KB · Views: 237
Level 25
For the cracks:
If the spell uses same effect as the original one, it should leave cracks in ground. The thing may be that the effect is completely tied to the caster - so when caster disappears, so does the effect (and thus the crack).
Try increasing dummy's generic expiration timer to for example 2,5 seconds and see if it made any change.

Also, if your dummies have "Fly" movement type and have "locust" ability, they should spawn right at the place calculated by the trigger... else they may get moved because of pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.