• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How does one make War Stomp passive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
  • War Stomp Passiveness!
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit Is Attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Level of War Stomp Bast for (Attacking Unit)) Greater Than 0
    • (Random Number between 1 and 100) Less Than or Equal to [Insert Chance Here]
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = Position of (Attacking Unit)
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy at TempPoint facing 0.00 degrees
    • Unit - Add War Stomp Dummy to (Last Created Unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 Second Expiration Timer to (Last Created Unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
Where TempPoint is a Point variable, Dummy is a unit-type with no shadow/model/attack/1 movespeed, and the ability Locust, and War Stomp Dummy is your dummy War Stomp ability

Note: this is an inaccurate damage detection method; if they spam click and stop it can still go off. However, you can only get more accurate (+ leakless) ones in JASS, so this is really our only choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
For a starter idea, though, look into messing around with pulverize (taurens have it). It deals damage to all nearby enemies on a % chance for attacks. Though it wouldn't be easy to add the stun, you may consider leaving it out for the sake of simplicity...

(Offtopic: Yay 200th post!)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I thought it did stun. . .
Well never really used it but im sure I saw it stun units in various custom maps.

Maybe bash + cleaving attack or that move?
Since cleaving attack and life steal work with AOE maybe it will work for bash.

Simply attach it to an ORB since I think you can attach moves to orbs with a % chance to cast on every attack.

Level 8
hey purple wat is the custom script?
i dont know it
and the condition part i cant find it.. =(
plus the temppoint wats that?

Custom script allows you to input functions that may not be available in GUI. It is like adding a little tidbit of JASS to a GUI trigger. It can be found under the regular GUI actions.

Temppoint is a variable that references a point that you will only use temporarily (thus the name). It can, however be named whatever you like. Go into the variable editor and create a point variable, and that variable can be used as your temp point.

Level 8
u are very mean :emote_sad: and hey im still learning so dont worry:emote_grin:

He brings up a good point though... if you don't have at least an adequate understanding of GUI, JASS will be nearly impossible for you. I have been working with GUI for four years and JASS still confuses me from time to time.

Really, my best advice for learning about the triggering systems of WE is to experiment. Start by just messing around with some of the functions, and once you have gotten a pretty good understanding, then move on to harder stuff (and then eventually JASS).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I fully understand jass and have not got a syntax error for ages, well not one caused by me copying a function name incorrectly or making a typing mistake.

If I am not mistaken this does not even need triggers at all.
Like I said, use an orb with a % chance to cast war stomp on attack.

Level 5
He brings up a good point though... if you don't have at least an adequate understanding of GUI, JASS will be nearly impossible for you. I have been working with GUI for four years and JASS still confuses me from time to time.

Really, my best advice for learning about the triggering systems of WE is to experiment. Start by just messing around with some of the functions, and once you have gotten a pretty good understanding, then move on to harder stuff (and then eventually JASS).

well about the messing around thing i do that almost all the time but then either map wouldn't work or nothing happens its funny sometimes :emote_laugh:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes but you were saying how hard JASS is, but it is not difficult at all, just some people strugle to understand logical systems.

EDIT

Heres the answer
ORB + IMPALE
The impale is set to short range but with a large area and the spike effect replaced with the War Stomp effect.
I tried and tested it and all abilites that take a target unit can be used with orbs, thus impale worked and since it can effect an area with stun, it is what he is after.

Level 8
Yes but you were saying how hard JASS is, but it is not difficult at all, just some people strugle to understand logical systems.

EDIT

Heres the answer
ORB + IMPALE
The impale is set to short range but with a large area and the spike effect replaced with the War Stomp effect.
I tried and tested it and all abilites that take a target unit can be used with orbs, thus impale worked and since it can effect an area with stun, it is what he is after.

On topic: Ya, that solution should do it.

Off topic: I didn't say JASS was hard; I said it would be difficult to understand without some basic knowledge of GUI and that I am sometimes confused by it.

Level 7
XD

Have 2 variables, one would be a point, and one would be a unit
  • Passive War Stomp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of [skill] for (Attacking Unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Random Integer between 1 and 100) Less than or Equal to (10 x (Level of [skill] for (Attacking Unit))
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AttackerLoc = (Position of (Attacking Unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 (Dummy Unit) for (Owner of (Attacking Unit)) at AttackerLoc facing Default facing degrees
          • Set DummyUnit = Last Created Unit
          • Unit - Set level for War Stomp for DummyUnit Equal to (Level of [skill] for (Attacking Unit))
          • Unit - Order DummyUnit to do Orc Tauren Warchief - War Stomp
          • Unit - Add a Generic expiration timer for DummyUnit
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_AttackerLoc)
        • Else - Actions
In this trigger, chance would be 10 x level of the ability. If ability is level 3, the chance would be 30%..

Status
Not open for further replies.