• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help to Transfer/Update Data from maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Apparently, I have this old custom map that is mainly had a melee settings. In which I still play melee with it but was customized with triggers, new units, etc. Now that it was transferred to a new Warcraft version, I noticed that not all statistics (damage, armor, costs) in current melee Warcraft do not match with the old map. (Example: Black Citadel in the old map has higher damage but do not have frost attack) I want to upgrade it to the current Warcraft version that I have without making a new map or erasing data on my custom settings as I have made many. The map also took a long time to make. I hope somebody can help me. THANKS.

btw, I am not in Reforged version yet and I am using a 1.30 Frozen Throne version.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You can Export all of your Object Editor data from the old map and Import it into the new map. It's under the File tab inside of the Object Editor.

There's also the option to adjust the Melee Settings -> Scenario/Map Options/Game Data Set.

Remember to make backups when messing around with this stuff.

Also, perhaps you have your reasoning, but I would update to at least a stable version of 1.31.

Status
Not open for further replies.