• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help for my terrian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Since no terrianers wish to really help me I'm forced to ask people for their opinion and do this myself. At any time anyone wishes to help me be my guest lol. I wish for people to comment and tell me what i should add. I prob already know i need more height on some stuff and more doodads but idk what kind to really add.

Castle.jpg

Town1.jpg
creeparea1.jpg
Creeparea2.jpg
Watchtower.jpg
Banditarea1.jpg

Level 36
There are a few things that I can't quite put my finger on, but here are a few I noticed:

1: Your tiles overlap all funny. Bricks shouldn't go over grass or anything, really, other than dirt and rock. Change the order of tiles in the "Advanced - Modify Tileset"; a tile that is to the right of another tile on the list will go above the other tile.

2: Not only are cliffs not preferable, but the ones you used are horrid. Why use a lordaeron dirt cliff in the middle of a dark ashenvale forest?! Just don't use cliffs at all, they only cause problems...

3: The textures you use don't blend so well. Dark models shouldn't be put on light tiles.

4: You should variate your tiles more, or at least make it so it isn't huge blotches of one tile, then a huge blotch of another with roads going through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.