• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help finding the path for a .mdx file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So here's the deal. You may have played my map, Final Fantasy Open RPG. Well I'm almost done with next version, but I wanted to add some new custom models/skins. Now the thing is, I had a great model and skin for Terra. The name of the file was just FemaleWarrior.zip. I took that, modified the skin, loaded it up, it worked great. The thing is I saved the map file in the wrong folder and deleted by accident. I also sent the file to a friend of mine, but unfortuntately, he deleted his warcraft 3 directory. Anyway, by pure luck I realized I still had the skins and the .mdx file that I created for Terra. So I imported it into a map, and unfortunately I get the checkered box of doom. Then I remembered the instructions said to put the file in a specific directory. I didn't remember what it was unfortunately. So I came back to this site to look it up, and naturally, THE FILE IS GONE. I tried putting all the files in paths like Others\ and Textures\ but that didn't work. So basically I need a way to look up what path it wants me to put the .mdx file in. I tried opening it in 3ds max, but apparently it can't load .mdl files. So I need to figure out a means of opening this file and changing the path or just figuring out what it is, thanks.

Level 2
Alright, I got the .mdx file loaded into 3ds max without any troubles. Now how do I figure out the directory that this file needs to be in?

Status
Not open for further replies.