• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Clefthoof model (or Talbuk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm making an orc RPG set before the burning legion corrupted them all. I need a mount for them, something like a Clefthoof with a saddle or Talbuk. Does anyone have a model like this, or could please make one? It doesn't need to have run animations or stuff, it's just gonna be in the village. Will give credits and +Rep :smile:

Edit: Also, does anyone know how to change the name that appears when you move your mouse over another player? Like instead of saying "Player 12" say the clan name? I changed the name under Player Properties, but it doesn't do anything. Thought I'd put it here instead of a completely new thread.

Last edited:

Red

Red

Level 26
How's this look? The horns didn't come out 100% how I wanted them to, but hopefully this should do the job. I really cranked up the brightness, contrast and sharpness from the my original skin so that it would fit right in with normal wc3 units, but if you want a darker, more realistic skin, I can send that to you just as well. I could also make the black or silver Talbuks, armored Talbuks or even wild talbuks with no saddle/riding gear, given a little time. If I missed something on it, let me know.

I modified the animations so that it can attack as a creep, critter, or an angry mount for the stable master to unleash on an attacker... hoof to the head! :mwahaha:

Tested in game, works fine, texture path is just Talbuk2.bmp

Let me know what ya think!

EDIT: Changed the unit's internal sound files so it that it doesn't sound like Malfurion when it dies!

In the meantime, I'm going to see about the Clefthoof...

Attachments

• Talbuk2.blp
    199.9 KB · Views: 146
  • TalbukAttach.jpg
    TalbukAttach.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,726
  • Talbuk.mdx
    189.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Level 5
Looks great Red Shift, thanks very much :thumbs_up: +Rep, and I'll give you credits.

Edit: When i try to download either of them it says I need to select the program from a list. I hit cancel and tried again, now it says the BLP is unknown format or damaged :nw:

Red

Red

Level 26
That's an odd one... I'm not sure if it's a problem on your end or mine. I'll try re-converting the original texture file into a new .blp file.

Tell me if this fixes the problem, if not, we'll have to try something else.

Attachments

• Talbuk2.blp
    199.8 KB · Views: 122

Red

Red

Level 26
When I get the time, yeah, Ill give it a shot.

I want to make sure the Talbuk problem is solved first, though. Takakenji, can do me a favor and see if an error similar to Duruka's happens for you when you try to use the model?

Level 5
I got the mdx ones to work (clefthoof and talbuk.mdx), but when I try to open either of the blps it still says that they're damaged or in unknown format. I don't know what's wrong with it...sorry about all this :hohum:

Oh and those thunder lizards look interesting, I may find a use for them :wink:

Edit: Aha! I figured out the problem (was just doing something wrong...) and am downloading the blp now. Sorry :sad:

Level 5
Something like this? This is an old model that's been sitting on my hardrive for a while.

That looks great, I'll give you credits and +Rep. Thanks very much. :grin:

Red Shift, if you still plan on skinning takakenji's kodo model to make a saddled Clefthoof I could use it too. I could have a mount one, and a wild one.

Status
Not open for further replies.