• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need beginner's help (texture won't work with model in wc3 map editor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey there, so I have a .mdl file and it's loading fine in the world but for some reason the .blp texture file isn't loading with it. It's just loading the model without a texture.

How can I associate that texture to that model?
Keep in mind I have next to no modeling experience bar very basic Blender interface knowledge so I would like the explanation as simple as possible. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Level 21
I have a .mdl file and it's loading fine in the world but for some reason the .blp texture file is loading with it. It's just loading the model without a texture.
These two sentences kinda contradict each other. I think you should describe exactly what you see and maybe post the model and texture here. You could also try loading the model and texture in GhostWolf's Sanity Tester, but since you said that you're a beginner, I'm not sure how helpful an error report would be to you.

Last edited:
Level 1
Sounds like the path is wrong. What path have you given the imported texture?

Our *.mdl file has the following:

Code:
Textures 1 {
    Bitmap {
        Image "Textures\broly_base.blp",
        WrapHeight,
        WrapWidth,
    }
}
Materials 1 {
    Material {
        Layer {
            FilterMode Additive,
            static TextureID 0,
            static Alpha 1,
        }
    }
}

And when importing we set the path to Textures\broly_base.blp but for some reason, we get a green checkered box saying it couldn't import the file.

I'm using blender to export the .mdl

Level 1
These two sentences kinda contradict each other. I think you should describe exactly what you see and maybe post the model and texture here. You could also try loading the model and texture in GhostWolf's Sanity Tester, but since you said that you're a beginner, I'm not sure how helpful an error report would be to you.

The .mdl file gave me an
Code:
Unknown token in Geoset: "{"
error, which is odd considering the .mdl file was exported by blender.
The .blp file gave me a
Code:
WrongMagicNumber
error.

Status
Not open for further replies.