• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Properly making/importing a model into WC3 (help needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Heya, im having problems with importing a really simple model.
It's a simple 4 point shape with texture applied on it.

For whatever reason, importing it in WC3 isn't working properly (failed to load model??) but it loads fine in Magos.

The odd thing is... i based it off another model i had at hand, just rescaled it and changed texture/material and it stopped working.

I am attaching the mentioned model and texture used below.

I have very low experience with WC3 modelling and any help would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• model.rar
    25 KB · Views: 40
I don't know that .tga files used as textures works in War3.
EDIT
Replaceablel Id 0 is a pre-placed replaceable id and needs to be edited, yet. You still need to put something like a number (i.e., replaceable id 1, replaceable id 2, or replaceable id 32).
yeah, my guess would also be Replaceable ID 0-issues. This is a common pit-fal. :vw_sad:

EDIT: @ Kingz: Replaceable ID 1 is for teamcolor, Replaceable ID 2 is for team glow (the hero-glow for instance) and Replaceable ID 32 is for cliffs i think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.