• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Need an experienced model-designer to help me plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello! First of all I am new t this forum and thus I have no experience about how populated this forum is or how active. Therefore I'd just like the first person to read this to simply response it with a simple hi or something, so i know that people do read this.

Ok here comes the important part:

I got a herosuggestion on Dota-allstars.com (in the forum) which is based on the Scarecrow from the book "The Amazing Wizard of Oz". Though it is slightly modified to fit it's new "evil" purpose. It has been corrupted by an evil witch from the book that sent him to support the Lichkings armies.
So here is the problem: There is absolutely <<NO>> unit/doodad/anything in warcraft that has the slightest similarity to a Scarecrow. But since i am so stuck with the idea itself I'd really hate to sacrifice the original idea to benefit the chances of getting the hero into the game.
Now here is what i want/need/request of anybody feeling up to the task and having a little fun in making models.
I want a Scarecrow-model file with as much of the following criteria as possible:
- looks like a living Scarecrow. Here is the picture that I hold token for the hero at the moment:
hush_scarecrow.jpg

-should be a little bit darker than the one in the picture.
-should (if possible) consist entirely of skins that are already in the game.
I have chosen some of the skins already, but they don't need to be kept, it's just a suggestion:
+shoulders: Skin from Medivh (Human form)
+cape (if possible i want it to have a cape): Skin from Warden (the old Warden though - not the one that was used for Maiev but the one with the club)
+claws: Ghoul (also the model of the claws can be kept.

-I'd like to have it a dagger on one hand.
-I'd love to see it wearing a hat. It shouldbe similar to that one in the picture, but without the part that is crushed. (I'd like it to be a little bit like a cowboyhat cause it actually comes from the country in the first place - could have a leatherbelt around the hat that has a metal clasp)
-want it to be thin and fragile. (made of sticks and straw)
-should have a face that looks like a hollowed pumpkin (you know, the ones you make on halloween)
-should have a belt and could have a pumpkin on a thin chain that hangs on the belt (pumpkin would be hollowed and have a similar expression like Scarecrow itself)
-should have at least two attack motions: one for melee attack with claws and/or dagger, one more like a throw (doesnt need an object that is thrown, it just has to look like it.

-if someone really likes what he does, he could add an Avatar-mode in which the hero only has a melee attack and makes greater steps (cause he is faster in avatar mode)

These two a must, if anyone does like to make this hero this feature must be in, please, it's part of the story:
-Must have a boots-animation in which it claps the boots together three times (not longer than 1,5 sec if possible) - can actually be defined a normal standing animation, just needs to have it at all.
-Must have the red boots that Dorothy wears in The Wizard of Oz.
I have no special criteria for how the boots look in particular, but they need to be red!!!

I know this is a lot to ask for a favor and I'd completely understand it if you don't feel well with this, but i'd really love to see this one in dota some day.

Thank you for considering this.
This is the the thread explaining the actual hero-suggestion, if somebody is interested:
http://forums.dota-allstars.com/index.php?showtopic=183935

This is a first attempt to make this model myself though it doesnt consist of ingameskins it gives the idea about the basic design.
a43bf7a691.jpg
07a5e85380.jpg

Last edited:
Level 22
Hi, it's a nice idea, but animations are seriously hard to make, and as far as i know, most people on the hive hate Dota. I'd make it for you, but me and my clan leader are currently working on a joint model.
Maybe you should introduce yourself to the hive at the introductions page. before you make a request.
However, it was a good request, better than the junk most newbies spew out, expecting the model to be made just because they want it.
I might get time later on to try it, but it might not be all you expect.

Level 1
hey, that was faster than I expected. I wasn't positive about all this and thought it might take a while to find somebody who really likes the idea.
I wasn't aware that people here don't like dota, but it had not stopped me from posting this request since I really am going to do this the one or the other way, and I like it to be as best as possible. If noone would have been found to do this I had done it myself.

However I am grateful you consider to sacrifice some time to this, and I completely understand that you have other projects that come first.
I have time and am patient and if you like, I'd like you to do it.
About the animation thingy:
I am a newbie to modeling and animating but i got the concepts of the software i was confronted with so far. I was actually able to model this first attempt that I find a promising start, but of course I have nothing to compare it with. However if you are able to put the ideas i wrote into a model (the bare model, if possible with bones and skin) I will make the animations myself.
Actually I'd feel much more comfortable with making them myself, since they are very hard to describe and I'd like them to be the way I imagine them, so this part wouldn't hit the maker of the model itself.

I work with gmax, I guess you do too, since the milkshape thing is quite expensive and out of the question for a hobby modeler, so whatever model and skin you send me saved in the default file format of gmax, I will be able to animate.

Thank you again for your positive response. If you should feel happy with this, I'd value another comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.