• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Need A Trigger and Multiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello guys! My name is layzab0ne and I'm in need of a Multi board and a trigger. At first I want to make a Multi board. i need a trigger that: At first there's a multi board named kills and when ever someone kills a unit, you add one into the multi board. When there are a certain amount of points, like 50, create a unit. I really don't know how to do that. Please help!

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
a unit dies
set p1 = owner of killing unit
set kills[player number of p1] = kills[player number of p1]+1
run trigger "update board" checking conditions

(update board:)
loop from 1 to 12
set item in row loop collumn 2 to "kills[loop]"
if kills[loop]>=50 then
set kills[loop]=0
create unit for player(loop)
endloop

obviously not real code but it should help you.

Level 28
That's not really hard...

First: setting up the multiboard:

• Multiboard
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.10 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 9 rows, titled Status
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 0 to 14.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 0 to 6.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to |c00aa0000Player Na...
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to |c00aa0000Kills|r
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row ((Integer A) + 1) to (Name of (Player((Integer A))))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Integer A) + 1) to 0
      • Multiboard - Show (Last created multiboard)
This is a simple multiboard for 8 players, to change the amount of players, change the number of rows in
  • Actions
    • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 9 rows, titled Status
To 'Players + 1'

and

• Actions
    • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
Set the '8' to the number of players.

Then, the update-trigger:

• MB Update
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row ((Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + 1) to (String(Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))]))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Kills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Equal to 50
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempLoc = (Spawn-Area)
          • Unit - Create 1 Spawn-Unit for (Owner of (Killing unit)) at TempLoc facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
        • Else - Actions
allright, this updates thet kills for every player and sets the amount of kills in the multiboard.

Variables:
"Kills": Integer Variable, array = number of players.
"TempLoc": Point variable, no array

Change "Spawn-Area" to the area where you want the unit to spawn
Change "Spawn-Unit" to the unit that will be spawned

Add the whole if/then/else-action for more kill-rewards and change the "Equal to 50" to the correct amount.

Level 28
Thank you :]

You're welcome, if anything doesn't work, or isn't acting as it should, feel free to ask ;)

Ohh, by the way: I forgot this action:
  • Actions
    • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
Add it in the first trigger, wherever you want (as long as it is before the first action).

Status
Not open for further replies.