• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a Solid Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Im going to need to protect this next map I release against hackers using Deprotect, X-Dep ect. I would also like it to be unopenable by a MPQ editor if possible, and crash mpq recover too. I usually use Vex's Map Optimizer, but that alone seems weak these days. Anyone know what DotA Allstars uses to protect it, I really need to keep this map as unopenable as possible. Im thinking of using some protection methods such as changing the map header size ect. Some tools im also considering using is Wigitizer and SLKOptimizer, also is heavylocker or exprotect any good? Also if anyone can tell me what programs can be used together and what cant be it would be a big help. Also, im not concerned about cheats, its not that type of game anyways that resources matter. Its a Battle For Middle Earth. There would be many people who use x-dep trying to open this map once it's released and Id like some other clever protection methods if anyone has them, u can private message me if you would prefer not to post thanks. By the way, can anyone tell me how to change the map header size with the XVI32 Hex Editor and what other crazy things or protections that i can do with it? Also along with that is their anyway to have a protection like this Vampirism map? Thanks Very much guys!

Attachments

• VampirismFire5.06.w3x
    442.5 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.