• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Necromancer War 1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a Free for All summoner game with a Undead theme, that's quite a bit of fun.
Upgrades and buyable buildings have been added to increase the game time and playability.

This a updated take on an old original I saw a few years back called Necromancer War.
I was one of the few in the original couple of games and cannot find a source back to the original creator. I took one of the basic maps with the bare bones and worked everything else and significantly modded it from there.

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Keywords:
summoner, undead, necromancer, necromancer war, necromancer war evolved, free for all, new,
Contents

Necromancer War 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
20:44, 29th Oct 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Tag abuse, quality is too low

M

20:44, 29th Oct 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Tag abuse, quality is too low

Level 2
No.

I love necromancer wars! I played it with my bro all the time, his friend made it and my bro fixed everything up.
Here's my opinion on your edit.

/facepalm
Absolutely, HORRIBLE!
For one, you didn't edit the thing that obviously needed the most fixing, when your summoner levels up the next summons suck compared to the last ones. (Which was balanced by my brother)

For two: The little "Upgrade system" You added, sucks. Half the upgrades don't do shit, the health upgrade gives a whopping +1 health per, and the speed upgrade is INSANE.

Somewhere it said you added a resurrection for heroes, which I didn't see. But that concept would ruin the whole point of the map!

In conclusion: No.

Level 11
Level 3
I specifically mentioned that I am not the creator and that I do not know who the creator is. Like I said, I originally played this about year and half to two years back. At the time, there was no uploaded maps that I could locate. I have seen uploaded maps more recently, like the ones posted by Sgt. Johnson, since November. I cannot verify if he is or is not the original creator, and if he is, I am willing to comply with whatever he wishes.

As for design, I do not plan on changing or fixing the vulnerability when you switch. I like the fact that that are a few levels under have a chance to catch up. I specifically don't the basic footman/hero arena that whoever gets ahead, basically grows his lead and wins.

As for the upgrades, it's a work in progress. It will get better. I started off with a basic, 1 dmg, 5 range, 1 hp, 1% attack speed. I don't plan on ever making it very strong. Upgrades are going to be cheap and small, but they'll even out.

Level 2
1 hp per upgrade won't make the slightest bit of difference, 10-15 would be better.
Your speed upgrade was NOT 1%, after like 3 upgrades my units were attacking at least 10 times a second.
And the range/damage upgrades didn't even work.

Level 3
I was thinking about setting the hp bonus to 5 hp. I just tested out the range, and I mispoke, it's increased by 10 at a time, but it only gets added on to new units.

As for speed, I accidently set % to 100%, instead of 1%. Thank you for the input.

Level 11
Well, the map is mine, loading screen and the fact I have the original v2.3 of the map is about all I do to prove it as I lost the very, very, very, VERY old version of the map that you based this off of when I had computer issues a month or so before v2.3. From what I've been told and seen you completely ruined every mechanic of the map, mostly by adding a hero ressurection system to a map based around being the last person standing with the only resurrection being the Ankh you start worth or purchasing another if you can somehow manage to get 500k gold.

So whatever do as you will, although I'd prefer if you hold off on releasing it again until you can at least put it on Par with how the map is/was as of v2.3 and at least credit my friend and I (SuidAkra & Sgt_Johnson), the map is still mine even though I have very little proof to show it and the moderators don't exactly trust even those of us that have been around for a few years =/.

But hey maybe tomorrow I'll open up the original map and give it a good quick 'n' clean update for balancing and stuff ^^ I wanted to add in more summoning tiers to since the game loves to turn into a stalemate soon as you hit the 4th Tier of summons.

Level 3
I was actually planning on getting rid of the starting ankh, it does make it too easy, but I plan on keeping the farm resurrection system.
I haven't yet seen a game (on the old system anyways) that's made it to tier 3, and most games end at tier 2. Usually there's 2-4 people left when the first person hits tier 2. In fact the one time, I've seen someone survive the initial stages of tier 2, they overtook the last guy once they switched.

I don't want my game to be yours bastardations aside, my aims are different from yours. I'm happy to cooperate and credit you, because you sincerely sound like the original was your baby.

I had originally planned on basically updating it often, adding and balancing as needed, without a truly decent version for months.

If you like, I'll even withdraw this version until it makes grade.

Level 11
As of the last version that I released all players start with an Ankh. THERE IS NO RESURRECTION SYSTEM! The game is all about being the last person standing and killing off the other players, by implementing a resurrection system the game mechanics are completely dead.

Obviously you also have not played v2.3, you REALLY need to check that out as the summons are much better.

I also will be working on an update to it tomorrow to fix several issues that still existed as of v2.3.