1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Native skill-shot spells in Reforged?

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by burner89, Oct 21, 2019.

1. burner89

burner89

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you think they will add skill-shot type abilities like most moba's have? It's the one spell type missing from WC3.

2. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There aren't enough quotation marks in the world for Moba "skill shots".
    LoL is such overrated trash, the spells are a fucking joke and easy as shit to land.

No, WC3 doesn't need anything like it. Spells are supposed to be easy and simple to handle. Click shockwave press on enemy to damage. Adding anything that requires extra thinking makes it clunky.

3. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Not for melee. Such abilities require to much single Unit effort, stoping you from being a effective commander.

4. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Don't you mean the spells are hard as shit to land?
    I can see why you hate LoL. It's a fast paced game and often can be very stressful. Missed a vital skillshot? Prepare to be spam pinged by your toxic teammates.

On-topic, skillshot spells requires extra thinking to land them. Because of this, it's not very suitable for a game like Warcraft III, where you would want easy-to-land spells like the point-and-click Thunder Bolt.

5. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's been some time since i played LoL.
    I used to play blitz and nidalee (back when you could jump backwards to extend spear damage).
    I had a broken ass build that involved playing Nida support, then getting kill charges with that book item and just warding the whole map.
    With superior map control i would never die and the charges would just stack up and teamates would never complain because i still fullfilled support role lol.
    Then i stopped playing it, because Riot hates broken mechanics and their anti-fun balance philosophy.
    I will applaud riot for having gradually implemented difficulty to spells, but honestly i find the "skillshots" to be a massive joke in terms of difficulty landing them.
    If you want to climb the skill ceiling in that game, then it has more to do with "flicker clicking" concept found in games like CSGO.

The reason i don't play the game is mostly because it's devoid of any creative play and lacks flexibility.
    Play X hero, build X items, go to specific lane, play meta or lose.
    If you don't, prepare to get flamed, report and banned - players are far more toxic in LoL.
    I mean it's good if you want a game that's simple to pick up and play, because if you follow a guide you can't really go wrong.
    My taste just aligns more with DOTA2's balance philosophy and the way that "anything can work" mentality to the game.
    If you have some kind of janky item build, nobody will bat an eye as long as it works.

6. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I see that you're a veteran player, because I never knew about the nid spear thing.
    Ever heard of that Singed player? He plays off-meta Singed support with smite and ghost. He hardly supports the adc and instead go mess with the enemy jg, often stealing their first buff and most of the time gets away with it. For some godforsaken reason, Riot threatens to ban him because of his off-meta playstyle.

I don't give two shits what my team says about me. If I want to play crit Soraka top, that's what I'm gonna do. You can't be banned for breaking the meta. My region's server has crappy mods too. The report button doesn't even work.

7. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah i actually heard about that singed player because someone showed me.
    It's just a shame that they intend the game to be played in such a strict manner, i don't like it.

8. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Melee games aside (which I don't really care for), I don't think there is anything wrong with adding more targeting options for map makers.

9. burner89

burner89

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, this. I'm not saying for any other reason besides just another tool for mapmakers to use. You guys read way too hard into what I'm saying lol.

10. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The best way to make a skillshot ability is either using a missile system or using a dummy unit that moves via timers.

11. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I am not against such a skill, just wana say that blizzards main concern is melee and
    campaign both probaly do not need such a skill-mechanic.

This skillshot mechanic already exists inform of stampade, but it is not useable for a single missle cause the missles spawn is to random and aoe defines in the same time the Area of spawning and the distance the missles runs.

12. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The ability to register when an ability has been clicked, but not used, and when clicked and held down, and get the coordinates of the cursor while this is true would be amazing. Then people could trigger their own versions.

Would love the same for building structures, so drag-and-drop and rotation could be triggered.

13. Sugi

Sugi

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shockwave is a skillshot. There are others too but if you're expecting cursors that would be nice tho