• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

National armies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
NOT ENOUGH STEREOTYPES!

Yep. I have no idea if my project will actually go anywhere, but for concept creation, I might need additionnal inspirational input.

You see, I have the germans, the french, the british, the russians, the gringos of course. I have also the croats and serbs (though my concepts there aren't enough for an entire army, just one or two units).

But I might need more armies for the campaign. You see, it is set in an alien world that mirrors our own. Instead of another parody or remake of the World Wars, I wanted to draw inspiration from future or potential or alternate-timeline conflicts. These conflicts don't have to look "realistic", but they need at least a grain of truth. I have already one campaign idea dealing with an invasion of "russia" by the "usa" and their allies. But I need more, and/or different armies for other campaigns. Armies that are more "obscure" than the mainstream stereotypes of the cowardly french and the german with the stahlhelm.

I'm not begging for concepts. I'm just interested to see if someone has new stereotypes to offer and feels the mighty urge to share them (such as the color of a uniform, the shape of a helmet, the behaviour in battle, etc). Would be great.

Of course I'm doing research myself. But the thing is, as someone who for example doesn't know much about the polish army, I don't know which traits matter. I could make a caricature based on the shape of a rucksack and people might not even recognize it.

Level 14
NOT ENOUGH STEREOTYPES!

Yep. I have no idea if my project will actually go anywhere, but for concept creation, I might need additionnal inspirational input.

You see, I have the germans, the french, the british, the russians, the gringos of course. I have also the croats and serbs (though my concepts there aren't enough for an entire army, just one or two units).

But I might need more armies for the campaign. You see, it is set in an alien world that mirrors our own. Instead of another parody or remake of the World Wars, I wanted to draw inspiration from future or potential or alternate-timeline conflicts. These conflicts don't have to look "realistic", but they need at least a grain of truth. I have already one campaign idea dealing with an invasion of "russia" by the "usa" and their allies. But I need more, and/or different armies for other campaigns. Armies that are more "obscure" than the mainstream stereotypes of the cowardly french and the german with the stahlhelm.

I'm not begging for concepts. I'm just interested to see if someone has new stereotypes to offer and feels the mighty urge to share them (such as the color of a uniform, the shape of a helmet, the behaviour in battle, etc). Would be great.

Of course I'm doing research myself. But the thing is, as someone who for example doesn't know much about the polish army, I don't know which traits matter. I could make a caricature based on the shape of a rucksack and people might not even recognize it.

Polish army... never surrenders, even if it means sending cavalry against tanks. Happened in WW2 true story.

Polish are in general... hmm... they have strong ties with the british... and they are just very persistant. They dissapeared twice from the world map just to reapear again later. They were also a large kingdom at one point.

Hitler attack Poland from the West, while the russians attacked from the East. So Poland was attacked on two fronts at the same time.

The polish people are very understanding and welcoming people. They harbored so many jews before WW2. If memory serves me right, that's why Hitler attacked Poland early on. First to make a common borderline with their allies Russia... and to exterminate the jews ofc.
Oh and polish really like their vodka too (just like Russians).

What else...

Well, currently in Poland you can learn 3 secondary languages as I know... german... russian... and english. Not many polish people know english today, not even the young guys.

And when about Napoleon was conquering Europe... Polish main economy was from sheep farming and even some of their nobility were just rich farmers.

That's all I know about Poland.

Oh, they also like gaming a lot and often times if you ask a polish gamer where he is from, he will answer you "I'm from Proland".

Hope this helps.

Edit: Sorry for my hecting format.

Status
Not open for further replies.