• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Narrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is suposedly my narrator voice for my new project made by me, however its my first try.

It has 4 files inside, got 3 normal, the 4th is more modified with some echo stuff on the 'Illidan's Defeat' line. :emote_bored: , the others have just some sound volume fixing.
It has a line from the map itself (sorry if it has any mistakes :p) so it isn't a small line, but both files have the same one.

And finnaly, sorry if the voice is to low, my microphone somehow records stuff low, or maybe its just me. :confused:

All I want is to know if its good and some advice if possible, so I know if I actually should bother continuing voice acting :witch_doc_sad: , and if I should put it into the maps.

Attachments

• Narrator.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
Level 36
Not too bad, although I think your accent will prevent you from becoming really any good at narrating, you did speak very clearly, and the sound quality was good.

Only complaint (aside from thr accent, which isn't really a complaint because you can't do anything about it) is the fact that now and again you put too much emphasis on the first character of a word. So when you go to start a new sentence you take a deep breathe and say the first word very loudly, or with a lot of emphasis, and you get quieter as you run out of breath.

Good otherwise :)

Level 3
Thank you.

And yeah I tried to make it clear because when I was recording it was often hard to understand, and about the saying stuff loud after taking a deep breath, well don't really know what to do because I almost ran out of breath once :F.

I tried modifying it abit also but guess it wasn't enough.

I'll see other voice samples from people and maybe compare the accent and see if I can change it, but won't bother much. Thanks for the complaints brad.dude03 ;)

Level 2
If these are not heavily modified in a sound editing program than you have the worlds strangest robotic voice ever. no offense, but its impossible to understand not only because of the HEAVY accent but the massive amount of pitch decrement.

Level 3
If these are not heavily modified in a sound editing program than you have the worlds strangest robotic voice ever. no offense, but its impossible to understand not only because of the HEAVY accent but the massive amount of pitch decrement.

I only used the 'Vibrato' feature, but guess I exagerated with it I guess. And the reason I spoke in a 'robotic way' or whatever like you said, was because I wanted to make it understandable, because before I found it hard to understand (or maybe it was just maybe miself) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.